No announcement yet.

Running The New Intel OpenGL "Crocus" Gallium3D Driver On Sandy Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i7-3740qm works great with dolphin-emu on native resolution! You can play all the Zelda games up to Wii gen!

Try Zelda Ocarina of time, Zelda Wind Waker, and Zelda Twilight princess on an i7-ivy bridge and you'll be surprised what vulkan can do with an ivy-bridge!

Comment

Those Intel iGPUs can have a surprising amount of life inside them. A couple years ago, I bought a dirt cheap Radeon HD 5450 to serve as a backup and testing card. I was surprised that the iGPU on my Ivy Bridge was actually faster than it, after all the bad press it gets from well funded gamers.

Sure, you cannot play CP2077 on it, but gaming is not restricted to modern AAA titles.

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
        I'm thinking if this is needed project, old hardware, the old drivers works well but ok
        if someone use intel+amd (egpu/dgpu) - crocus will be best solution, and gallium3d driver can manage gallium-nine, so it can be useful for old d3d9 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post
          how to contact the dev or team who is responsible for this project ?
          It is part of the mesa project, the component is called i915g or crocus.

Contact information can be found via the following link:

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
            Those Intel iGPUs can have a surprising amount of life inside them. A couple years ago, I bought a dirt cheap Radeon HD 5450 to serve as a backup and testing card. I was surprised that the iGPU on my Ivy Bridge was actually faster than it, after all the bad press it gets from well funded gamers.

Sure, you cannot play CP2077 on it, but gaming is not restricted to modern AAA titles.
            The Radeon 5450 was a very cheap, and also very limited, card. It was sold as a media accelerator with 3D capabilities, there is a reason for that - it was passively cooled. Still, it offered several outputs, and it could drive several screens at once, so for a triple screen setup it was perfect - something Intel iGPUs of the time couldn't do (they were limited to 2 outputs).

Comment

Originally posted by mitch074 View Post
              The Radeon 5450 was a very cheap, and also very limited, card. It was sold as a media accelerator with 3D capabilities, there is a reason for that - it was passively cooled. Still, it offered several outputs, and it could drive several screens at once, so for a triple screen setup it was perfect - something Intel iGPUs of the time couldn't do (they were limited to 2 outputs).
              Mine only support 2 simultaneous outputs, despite its 3 connectors.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

Mine only support 2 simultaneous outputs, despite its 3 connectors.
                Yeah, you need one with DisplayPort to manage those. As far as I know, this is due to a Windows limitation that can't handle more than 2 "conventional" screens at once - by conventional, I mean one that has an analogue compatibility option. That covers VGA (duh), DVI and its direct derivative, HDMI. The 5450 with a DisplayPort could handle up to 6 screens simultaneously (in theory).

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
                  Anybody using an Ivy Bridge or older iGPU for anything other for drawing a Wayland GUI and rendering a bunch of basic applications deserves to get their brains inspected.
                  Keep your advices for youself. We did not ask you to pronounce judgements about our brains. Basically, you just expressed your emotion here without any useful technical information. If you really need to communicate your emotions, please, do not make general statements about us.

Comment

Working...
                  X