Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 21.2 Begins Seeing Intel Xe-HP Graphics Driver Changes

Phoronix: Mesa 21.2 Begins Seeing Intel Xe-HP Graphics Driver Changes

With Mesa 21.1 now branched for this collection of primarily OpenGL/Vulkan open-source drivers for Linux, feature development is on for Mesa 21.2 that will debut in Q3. One of the first major changes to land for Mesa 21.2 is the beginning of the graphics compiler support for Intel's forthcoming Xe-HP high performance graphics processor...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Switching-over from nVidia to Intel graphics here.

I'm extremely pleased with just the Intel Xe "shared graphics" on an Intel CPU/motherboard chipset Dell Inspiron laptop here. The Intel i7 CPU, motherboard, memory and SSD drive work wonderfully, seemingly the same as a laptop with a proprietary add-in graphics card.

Absolutely loved, throughout my entire Void Linux install, I had access to accelerated graphics without mucking around and wasting time on installing 3rd party proprietary graphics drivers! Figure, throughout the entire timespan of owning a laptop, I likely spend half that time cursing at the proprietary vendor of the add-in graphics card, of all the bugs, glitches and having to maintain an add-in binary driver (not tied to the kernel and being) incompatible with Linux virtual consoles.

Comment

Working...
    X