Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vulkan 1.2.153 Released As Development Switches To "Main"

Phoronix: Vulkan 1.2.153 Released As Development Switches To "Main"

Vulkan 1.2.153 doesn't come with any new extensions or major changes aside from an important fundamental change if you are interacting with their Git repository...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

WTF? All this noise over a name change of a branch ?

Comment

If someone/something is "main" doesn't it mean that all the rest are inferior/subordinate? This doesn't look neutral! Not a fan, not a fan.

Comment

It's amazing how riled some people get over such a simple change

If you do find yourself angry at this change, try looking inwards and figure out _why_ you're angry

It's not like any huge amount of developer time was spent on this, it won't make any difference to how the project is developed

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
          If someone/something is "main" doesn't it mean that all the rest are inferior/subordinate? This doesn't look neutral! Not a fan, not a fan.
          Is that really your takeaway message from the change?

Comment

Originally posted by Cape
            Fenully! I'm a negro so i couldn't use Vulkun because of they raysis Git repo. But now am gonnu contrib fo sure!
            That mockery sounds like my Dad who can't even tolerate a "Come on down" during the "Price is Right" when it comes to anything but a white person.

You sound like a bigot from the 1960s. Congratulations.

Comment

Originally posted by Cape
              Fenully! I'm a negro so i couldn't use Vulkun because of they raysis Git repo. But now am gonnu contrib fo sure!
              Insecurity signaling.

Comment

Originally posted by Brane215 View Post
                Because this will be the substitute for actual virtue. Thanks to critical race theory, anything is white supremacy as long as somebody can make up a way that somebody could pretend to be upset by it.

I'm keeping a little list, to keep far away from as many of these cowards as possible. These are the kinds of people who will rat you out when we get our Mao.
                Last edited by microcode; 07 September 2020, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brane215 View Post
                  yes, some people - who usually never contributed to said software, if any open source software - will go on spending hours arguing against a trivial and harmless terminology change that takes five minutes to implement because they seem deeply offended by it by principle, and will go on wasting tens of man hours as a result.
                  i would call the irony amusing if they weren't wasting everyone's time and usually being dickheads in the process.

isn't it incredible how _suddenly_, somehow everybody suddenly cares about the development of some software when this kind of stuff happens? this article would probably have gotten zero or one response if it wasn't for this thing lmao

Comment

Originally posted by AsuMagic View Post
                    isn't it incredible how _suddenly_, somehow everybody suddenly cares about the development of some software when this kind of stuff happens? this article would probably have gotten zero or one response if it wasn't for this thing lmao
                    What happens when they get offended by "main" branch ?
                    And branch after that ?

Comment

Working...
                    X