Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Applications 19.12 Released With Big Improvements To Kdenlive + Other KDE Programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best Linux Desktop environment keeps getting better and better. How can featureless trash like gnome apps compare with the KDE offerings?

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post

Elisa is not bad, but still it's user interface doesn't work too well even with 19.12, like drag and drop doesn't work or adding all titles of the complete library to the playlist doesn't work either (tested on Wayland). Well at least Elisa shows now the covers from the tags. :-)
      Wayland is a technical preview, don't complain that it doesn't work, instead submit bug reports and help the KDE community.

Comment

Michael there is a typo:
        remote (image_ file handling

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post

Elisa is not bad, but still it's user interface doesn't work too well even with 19.12, like drag and drop doesn't work or adding all titles of the complete library to the playlist doesn't work either (tested on Wayland). Well at least Elisa shows now the covers from the tags. :-)
          Yeah, I hit a snag as soon as I entered the wrong stream address to my radio station: opening up the info dialog to correct the stream address, apply button is disabled. I needed to delete the station and create it again. And that's on X, no Wayland involved. Still, I think this being the season to be jolly, I should send a small token to the devs.

Comment

Originally posted by lucrus View Post

Hmm, I had to downgrade it to version 18.x on all three systems where I tried to upgrade. Much more crashes, many effects and transitions disappeared and and other stability issues.

To be fair, I'm not running full KDE environment, only Kdenlive over XFCE, maybe that's the culprit. Nevertheless it runs worse than 18.x in my case.
            Why couldn't the KDE team use development versions to test for bugs instead of treating us as lab rats in stable releases?

Also, they should test Kdenlive in a real-world environment, like using it to produce a movie or something... not just simple boring test suites that probably aren't going to expose any bugs at all.

Furthermore, didn't they target the semi-professional market for a while? What happened now? Apparently they could not take it anymore.

On top of that, come on, it's 2019 and GPU acceleration is incomplete... It's kind of glitchy and barely useful!
            99% of the engine still remains CPU-only

Plus, where is my motion blur? The mandatory paramount effect in the modern video industry?

One more thing: The compositing feature feels weird...
            Last edited by tildearrow; 12 December 2019, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
              IIRC, Krita was a calligra app, but yeah x)
              Was: https://www.calligra.org/krita/

But even if so, I meant the usual set of Calligra apps one thinks of when talking about Calligra, i.e. Words, Plans, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Also, they should test Kdenlive in a real-world environment, like using it to produce a movie or something...
                Furthermore, didn't they target the semi-professional market for a while? What happened now? Apparently they could not take it anymore.

On top of that, come on, it's 2019 and GPU acceleration is incomplete... It's kind of glitchy and barely useful!
                99% of the engine still remains CPU-only

Plus, where is my motion blur? The mandatory paramount effect in the modern video industry?

One more thing: The compositing feature feels weird...
                If your looking to get work done have you tried Davinci? The free version will do infinitly more than kdenlive and is infinitly more stable than kdenlive. The work flow is night and day. If you shoot multi camera the ACES color space transformations are a god send. I appreciate the effort the kdenlive developers have put in but they are completely out gunned.

Comment

Working...
                X