No announcement yet.

OPNsense 19.1-RC1 Released With Many Improvements To This BSD Firewall Platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPNsense 19.1-RC1 Released With Many Improvements To This BSD Firewall Platform

Phoronix: OPNsense 19.1-RC1 Released With Many Improvements To This BSD Firewall Platform

The first release candidate is now available for testing of the OPNsense 19.1 FreeBSD-based firewall operating system forked from m0n0wall when it closed up shop four years ago...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Woop!

Comment

For end-users to note there is also better IPV6 support and proxy add WPAD support.

Should be IPv6 (yes I know I am nitpicking)

Comment

I have yet to use OPNsense in production. I have been lazy, thanks to pfSense I might get a kick depending on how 2.5 goes.

I would like to know what software others are using for networks. For large and or fast networks I'm still using pfSense, for smaller networks I use OpenWRT. Unfortunately I also still maintain a few MikroTik systems (very popular in "developing countries". I have not used Cisco since 2009 and I refused to touch FortiGate regardless of how much money people throw at me. I still want to test VyOS (Fork of Vyatta).

I know many people bundle hardware with software, so if you want to mention hardware too go for it.

Comment

OPNsense is driving advancement through modularising and solidifying the open source firewall, with basic and dependable firmware overhauls, multi-language https://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sh...0674&p=2302338 support, HardenedBSD security, quick appropriation of upstream programming updates (check for updates https://forum.corel.com/EN/viewtopic.php?p=344340) just as clear and stable 2-Clause BSD authorizing.

Comment

Working...
          X