WireGuard v6 Might Be Ready For The Mainline Kernel, ARM Changes Added

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WireGuard v6 Might Be Ready For The Mainline Kernel, ARM Changes Added

Phoronix: WireGuard v6 Might Be Ready For The Mainline Kernel, ARM Changes Added

The lead developer of the WireGuard in-kernel secure VPN tunnel, Jason Donenfeld, published his sixth round of patches on Tuesday for getting this important networking code and its related Zinc crypto code into the mainline kernel. It's looking like the code might have baked enough for debut in the upcoming 4.20~5.0 kernel cycle...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Jason Donenfeld is a genuinely awesome person. Read his message about the patch on the LKML. He credits every single person who gave him an idea. He pushes relevant changes through several subsystem branches, each with their own maintainer. Do you know how much work that is, maintaining all those branches, remotes, change sets, constantly rebasing them, fixing merge conflicts etc? Then of course he's writing an advanced next-generation VPN. Stellar guy!

Comment

Originally posted by aorth View Post
      Jason Donenfeld is a genuinely awesome person. Read his message about the patch on the LKML. He credits every single person who gave him an idea. He pushes relevant changes through several subsystem branches, each with their own maintainer. Do you know how much work that is, maintaining all those branches, remotes, change sets, constantly rebasing them, fixing merge conflicts etc? Then of course he's writing an advanced next-generation VPN. Stellar guy!
      This is completely irrelevant. Most important question is, does he follow the Code of Conduct? It's the only point that matters today!

Comment

Originally posted by PuckPoltergeist View Post
        This is completely irrelevant. Most important question is, does he follow the Code of Conduct? It's the only point that matters today!
        Code of Conduct is not bad by itself. The problem is that it could be abused by some very angry human beings BUT it is exactly the same like it is with every other regulation. Code of Conflict also is not bad by itself, but also - it could be abused and it was abused...

PS. Very sorry to all aliens, rocks, plants, birds, animals that I offended. I know that "human beings" is exclusive term for them...

Comment

Comment

Has Jason ever said that they want to be called a 'he'?

No didn't think so, how intolerant of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
              Has Jason ever said that they want to be called a 'he'?

No didn't think so, how intolerant of you.
              For the record, I fully support the purging of gender-specific pronouns from any language.

Just so special snowflakes can't annoy me with this "assumed gender" bullshit (just open Tumblr for a few minutes to get a fill of that), and besides, nowadays they aren't really needed anymore.

I don't usually care about the gender of the person I'm talking to.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                For the record, I fully support the purging of gender-specific pronouns from any language.

Just so special snowflakes can't annoy me with this "assumed gender" bullshit (just open Tumblr for a few minutes to get a fill of that), and besides, nowadays they aren't really needed anymore.

I don't usually care about the gender of the person I'm talking to.
                Pronouns exist for the benefit of the speaker to help them distinguish who they are referring to, not for the benefit of the person being referred to.

Comment

Originally posted by Spazturtle View Post
                  Pronouns exist for the benefit of the speaker to help them distinguish who they are referring to, not for the benefit of the person being referred to.
                  That's history.
                  Nowadays knowing if you are talking to women and men does not really benefit the speaker much. Gender roles are pretty much a thing of the past in most western countries. Women use pants if they want, choose their jobs and all that, there is no standard anymore. Everyone is just himself, or the job role.

Special snowflakes are just an additional confirmation that all this is obsolete bullshit and should be dropped asap, but this stuff was already obsolete even before them.
                  Last edited by starshipeleven; 26 September 2018, 10:38 AM.

Comment

So just to be clear, the subject of Wireguard being merged into the Linux Kernel managed to devolve into a debate about gender within 2 comments?

Well done guys, you're only confirming the stereotype that the linux community is hostile and unwelcoming. You're exactly the reason why that code of conduct was created.

If you don't like it, maybe take a look in the mirror.

Comment

Working...
                    X