Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine Staging 3.14 Released With Nearly 900 Patches In Total

Phoronix: Wine Staging 3.14 Released With Nearly 900 Patches In Total

Building off Friday's big Wine 3.14 release is now the adjoining update to Wine-Staging that includes various testing/experimental patches, about 880 in total compared to upstream Wine...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

ok, may someone pls tell me how ot install it on debian? are there deb packages somewhere or i need to compile it from scratch? ty in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by deant View Post
      ok, may someone pls tell me how ot install it on debian? are there deb packages somewhere or i need to compile it from scratch? ty in advance!
      Here https://wiki.winehq.org/Debian you can find how to install the Wine packages.
      Here https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/debian/pool/main/ you can find the packages.

Comment

# apt install playonlinux

After that install Staging 3.14 on Play on Linux when it is available.

Comment

ty all for the help,
          i want to try vanila wine
          there are some things about playonlinux that bother me (i am using it right now, just want to try vanilla aproach for a change)

Comment

Using playonlinux is messy and complex. - indeed. lutris is even worst when u need to run 32bit wine on 64bit system.
            i can handle command line, synaptic is also messy
            ty for your advices!

Comment

Originally posted by moilami View Post
              # apt install playonlinux

After that install Staging 3.14 on Play on Linux when it is available.
              Yes definitely, use staging.

Comment

playonlinux actualy havent pushed staging packages from a long time. i dunno what the reason is.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Using playonlinux is messy and complex. You need only one wine prefix when using wine-staging. Use the above link to install, then you can update wine-staging with Synaptic.
                  While I agree on what you said, once you figure out how it works it is simple and quick way to have several versions of Wine installed. You will need several versions because many games work best with some version of Wine, and maybe don't work at all with more recent versions.

Comment

wine-staging v3.15

alesliehughes tagged this 3 hours ago

https://github.com/wine-staging/wine...ases/tag/v3.15

Comment

Working...
                    X