Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initial AMDGPU Driver Changes Submitted For Linux 4.19

Phoronix: Initial AMDGPU Driver Changes Submitted For Linux 4.19

Less than one week after the close of the Linux 4.18 kernel merge window, AMD developers working on the AMDGPU Direct Rendering Manager driver have already submitted their first batch of changes to DRM-Next to begin queuing for the Linux 4.19 kernel cycle. There are a few new features with this latest batch of code...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thank you for that boot combo. Will try it on my SI hardware tomorrow. I've tried so many variations.

Comment

AFAIK, AMDGPU DC is not supported on SI hardware. https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...C-4.17-Default

However I am still waiting for support, since I have laptop with SUN XT GPU.

Comment

Originally posted by tichun

It doesn't work on every distro. The support has to be compiled into the kernel. It didn't work for me in like Fedora 27? It also wasn't there on SteamOS from what I've read. I reported that bug to Fedora in kernel category, but they moved it to mesa/xorg category and got no responses so I wouldn't be surprised if this continues to happen in Fedora.
        yep. did also not work for me on openSUSE Tumbleweed on a kaveri system about a year ago. DonĀ“t know about the current state, cause I sold the system... just before a kaveri fix doubled its gpu rasterization performance...

Comment

Great, at last some progress for sea islands.

Comment

Originally posted by Kami911 View Post
            AFAIK, AMDGPU DC is not supported on SI hardware. https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...C-4.17-Default

However I am still waiting for support, since I have laptop with SUN XT GPU.
            SUN asic is headless. It's generally used in PX/HG laptops for render offload.

Comment

Working...
            X