Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IWD 0.2 Released For Advancing Intel's Linux WiFi Daemon

Phoronix: IWD 0.2 Released For Advancing Intel's Linux WiFi Daemon

Last week marked the release of IWD 0.2, the second public release of this WiFi daemon for Linux systems destined as a replacement for WPA Supplicant...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

it looks like the git repo has been seeing an increase in activity over the last couple of months. hopefully this is a ramp and we get this new shiny sooner

Comment

Just switched to this instead of wpa_supplicant on my Arch laptop.

No issues so far and the Arch Wiki page for IWD is getting better by the minute (which is quite useful seeing as iwmon and iwctl don't have man pages or a --help flag yet).
      Last edited by Slithery; 14 May 2018, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slithery View Post
        Just switched to this instead of wpa_supplicant on my Arch laptop.

No issues so far and the Arch Wiki page for IWD is getting better by the minute (which is quite useful seeing as iwmon and iwctl don't have man pages or a --help flag yet).
        iwmon has a manpage if you have asciidoc installed and explicitly enable docs with --enable-docs, and it has --help, sadly both are pretty useless in telling what it does and overall documentation has been the biggest annoyance.

they have /etc/iwd/main.conf (that i found by reading error messages) and no documentation i could find about what can be put there.

Comment

Hmm, just tried it on my Arch laptop and `iwctl` repeatedly disconnected from dbus after trying to list known networks (when I haven't yet added any, so probably just an edge case) and `iwd` crashed ("corrupted size vs. prev_size" after get-networks) on the second try trying to connect to my home (WPA2 PSK) network (first try just failed). For now, back to NetworkManager :/
          Last edited by johnp117; 15 May 2018, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X