Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Information request about the state of multitouch trackpad support under modern Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information request about the state of multitouch trackpad support under modern Linux

Hello everyone I would like to buy a wireless keyboard with a high-presiscion, multitouch trackpad to program with, from my couch.

It may be me, but I cannot find any current information on it. I may have been asleep, but what I do know is that evdev lives in the kernel, which sorts out all kinds of input, and sends it to libinput, which sends it somewhere to a wayland-protocol based DE... But I also remember that some trackpads, which claim to be multi-touch, are actualy interpreting some gestures themselves, and then send it to the computer... But I want Linux to natively handle this for me.

so... what is the native way (or requiered way) to get this all done in Gnome (or KDE), and what kind of hardware do I need to find? (vendors, list of supported trackpads... etc) Money is not really a factor, allthough I dont like to spend a rediculous amount of it...
Working...
X