X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• duby229
    replied
    Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post

This is not about you being an educator. This is about you claiming that you have done this stuff for decades already with available tools. Since you made the claim it is also your part to back up your claims. This is how it works in a discussion, if you like it or not. So either you show us how you did that stuff with available tools or you don't, giving your credibility (which isn't very high anyways, due to your previous actions on this forum), another kick to the head.
    I would guess that it is the latter.
    Seriously? That's ignorance to an extreme. You might want to have a psychologist look into that for you. My job gets done, and has for years.

Leave a comment:

• MoonMoon
    replied
    Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post

no it doesnt! it absorbed several pieces of software that no longer function independently or easily on their own. It became a monolothic piece of junk. And its a shame since for the rest its not a terrible piece of software.
    Would you be so kind to tell us which projects where absorbed into systemd?

Leave a comment:

• MoonMoon
    replied
    Originally posted by duby229 View Post

If you've ever tryed to build a distributable filesystem image with an OS in it, then you already know. I'm not an educator and I don't want to be.
    This is not about you being an educator. This is about you claiming that you have done this stuff for decades already with available tools. Since you made the claim it is also your part to back up your claims. This is how it works in a discussion, if you like it or not. So either you show us how you did that stuff with available tools or you don't, giving your credibility (which isn't very high anyways, due to your previous actions on this forum), another kick to the head.
    I would guess that it is the latter.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by duby229 View Post

If you've ever tryed to build a distributable filesystem image with an OS in it, then you already know. I'm not an educator and I don't want to be.
    LMAO. Then next time, don't talk about how you've been doing it if you don't want to give examples.

Leave a comment:

• cj.wijtmans
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    systemd splits different functions into different daemons, using standardized interfaces between them.

It is more Unix than sysvinit (where everything was done by scripts, which on average are against most Unix principles), only unwashed forum trolls claim otherwise.
    no it doesnt! it absorbed several pieces of software that no longer function independently or easily on their own. It became a monolothic piece of junk. And its a shame since for the rest its not a terrible piece of software.

Leave a comment:

• droidhacker
    replied
    I tried to read that post about what casync is, and its about as clear as mud. So what does this actually *do*? Is it like Git for binary data with an rsync like interface?

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Blablabla. What you said was also that you had been doing this for decades with other tools. Then people asked for examples but you never responded to that. So either you're lying about it or you're just trolling. If not, then I ask you one more time to gives us an example of how you've been doing this for all of those decades, 'cause me and quite a few others are interested.

Leave a comment:

• sdack
    replied
    systemd splits different functions into different daemons, using standardized interfaces between them.
    So does Windows. Your argument lacks depth.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
    which systemd absolutely shitted on.

It is more Unix than sysvinit (where everything was done by scripts, which on average are against most Unix principles), only unwashed forum trolls claim otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• cj.wijtmans
    replied
    Fun Fact: Unix Philosophy isn't necessarily "lots of small modular programs doing very simple stuff", that's what it was turned into by unwashed troglodytes on teh internets.

Unix phylosophy is about modularity in general, especially at the source code level, and about making programs with a well-defined scope.
    which systemd absolutely shitted on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X