PGI Community Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PGI Community Edition

A new version of PGI Community Edition (a C/C++/Fortran compiler) was released yesterday, and I realized that Phoronix didn't mention the previous version (which was released back in November) either, though it seems like the sort of thing this community would be interested in.

The Community Edition is almost the same as the Professional Edition; the only differences (other than technical support) are that the Community Edition doesn't have Visual Studio integration for Fortran, and there are some limitations on debugging OpenMPI. There are no limitations on what you can use it for, and you don't need to to deal with licenses and product keys like you do with Intel's Compiler, so installation is quite easy (I even put together a quick script to install it on Travis CI a while back).

I haven't done any formal benchmarking, but In my experience code generation doesn't seem to be quite as good as ICC or GCC; they tend to focus more on parallelization and have very good support for OpenACC, OpenMP, and MPI.
Working...
X