Red Hat Is Hiring Another Developer For Open-Source Graphics / GPU Compute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    There is too many workers in Red Hat already. Too many gnome3, networkmanager, pulseaudio,systemd and radv developers. GM should stop those non sense projects, but software quality and financial result is not in GMs mind.
    \begin{condescending sarcasm}
    Yeah... That Red Hat is the devil and has too much control because they're the only ones willing to step up to the plate and hire developers to contribute to vital infrastructure projects that aren't relevant to their bottom line of selling servers. They're just utterly terrible people who make the linux desktop just so much better that debianxfce can't stand it. I mean they're taking away his ability to be a hipster by using Linux, by doing things that make it user friendly, he's going to have to reinstall his whole desktop over to Arca Noae and relearn everything just to be an OS hipster... geeze guys isn't that just terrible?
    \end{condescending sarcasm}

Comment

This announcement is great news! Red Hat's focus is on datacenter, so mainly machines without a GUI. Now that GPGPU is becoming more mainstream, its nice to see them devoting resources to this. Especially since we have a viable open source Radeon driver now, it would be awesome if we could layer open source GPGPU capabilities on top of that.

Comment

AMD is also hiring! I am actively interviewing candidates for two open positions for Mesa (GL and multimedia) work. If you have relevant experience, esp. a track record of contributions to Mesa or other open source graphics projects, apply here:

SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting software helps you intelligently manage the full talent acquisition lifecycle, from sourcing and candidate relationships to recruiting analytics, as part of a single unified HCM solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
          \begin{condescending sarcasm}
          Yeah... That Red Hat is the devil and has too much control because they're the only ones willing to step up to the plate and hire developers to contribute to vital infrastructure projects that aren't relevant to their bottom line of selling servers. They're just utterly terrible people who make the linux desktop just so much better that debianxfce can't stand it. I mean they're taking away his ability to be a hipster by using Linux, by doing things that make it user friendly, he's going to have to reinstall his whole desktop over to Arca Noae and relearn everything just to be an OS hipster... geeze guys isn't that just terrible?
          \end{condescending sarcasm}
          fucking nailed it !

Comment

Collabora is also looking for amazing talents with exposure to the Linux Graphics stack to strengthen its engineering team! More details available on https://www.collabora.com/careers.html.

Comment

Originally posted by twriter View Post
              AMD is also hiring! I am actively interviewing candidates for two open positions for Mesa (GL and multimedia) work. If you have relevant experience, esp. a track record of contributions to Mesa or other open source graphics projects, apply here:

https://jobs.amd.com/job/Markham-MTS...426/392923500/
              I think the best hires are Timothy Arceri and Samuel Pitoiset. I know they are currently under contract with Valve but I think they would like a more permanent job. They had a lot of good commits for AMD OSS drivers. I don't know if they can apply but it's just my 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
              X