No announcement yet.

AMD Ryzen 7 CPUs Shipping 2 March, Pre-Order Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know this is kinda off-topic, but when (approximately) are expected to land on market Zen-based APUs/CPUs for laptops?

V.

Comment

• Originally posted by vkrastev View Post
      I know this is kinda off-topic, but when (approximately) are expected to land on market Zen-based APUs/CPUs for laptops?

V.
      I've read they have no immediate plans to phase out the current APU line, as the short term focus is on high end desktop. Later in 2017, the Zen server chips hit the market. AMD has stated multiple times now that datacenter marketshare is one of their top priorities, so I imagine mobile and APU will come after that, probably in early 2018.

Comment

• Intel Allegedly Playing Dirty To Undercut AMD’s Ryzen

http://wccftech.com/intel-playing-di...cut-amd-ryzen/

This could be a new TV show, "CPU Wars"

Comment

• Originally posted by vkrastev View Post
          I know this is kinda off-topic, but when (approximately) are expected to land on market Zen-based APUs/CPUs for laptops?

V.
          Just watch a Lisa's video, near the end of it she said "second half of the year" for Ryzen mobile.

Comment

• Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

For years Amd have had better performance per dollar value. Chapest quad core cpus for example. i5 7600 do cost four times what X4 845 do cost (mindfactory.de) and it is only 70% faster according to this
            Based on 46,080 user benchmarks for the AMD Athlon X4 845 and the Intel Core i5-7600, we rank them both on effective speed and value for money against the best 1,442 CPUs.
            Compare products which actually are comparable. X4 845 against Pentium G4560 for example.

Budget systems of about equal performance cost about same amount of money to build regardless of brand.

Comment

Pentium G4560 is dual core shit, for example when recording or streaming games. Or compiling kernel. Those intel dual core shits is not recommend by toms hardware. X4 845 performance is similar than X4 860K
              http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-cpus,3986.html
              When you consider that X4 845 is -actually- a dual core -and- it's priced the same as that G4560 it makes total sense.

Comment

Do not write bullshit, count how many cores you see here:
                That's the wrong die shot. The x4 845 is a Carrizo architecture. This is the correct die shot. It's a CMT architecture and therefore -is- dual core.
                https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...act=mrc&uact=8
                Last edited by duby229; 27 February 2017, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• G4560 is Pentium dual core with hyperthreading. Which makes it "quad" since applications would be seeing 4 cores and 4 threads. Performance-wise it actually does beat X4 860K (not to mention "845") in both, single threaded performance and multi-threaded performance. Dunno, what the fuck is here to argue about.

CMT or SMT, not really caring.
                  Last edited by aht0; 27 February 2017, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by aht0 View Post
                    G4560 is Pentium dual core with hyperthreading. Which makes it "quad" since applications would be seeing 4 cores and 4 threads. Performance-wise it actually does beat X4 860K (not to mention "845") in both, single threaded performance and multi-threaded performance. Dunno, what the fuck is here to argue about.
                    Which competes in a totally different market segment, the x4 845 is an APU which means it also has it's own GPU, a half decent one at that. Which Intel's only comparable products cost hundreds of dollars more to get similar graphics performance

Comment

• Correct but arguable. APU's are still quite under-performing, it's better customer/gaming experience to get discrete graphics card. If you do not game, it does not matter either. For office usage scenarious, it's iGPU is perfectly okay. So, for any uses, except for gaming, it's in the same market segment.

Nobody I know has bought Intel i5 or i7 because it's iGPU performance, they still always get discrete card. So the "similar graphics experience costing hundreds of dollars more" is sort of questionable claim as well. Half-assed GPU is in my eyes equal to useless. I would not even want to pay for it, reason I went for Xeon CPU (which were actually cheaper than equally well-performing i7's) after selling my FX8350. I doubt I was the irregular case either, since Gigabyte marketed bunch of consumer boards for such Xeon users..
                      Last edited by aht0; 27 February 2017, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X