Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Munich Said To Be Moving Away From Linux/LiMux, Back To Microsoft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Munich Said To Be Moving Away From Linux/LiMux, Back To Microsoft

    Phoronix: Munich Said To Be Moving Away From Linux/LiMux, Back To Microsoft

    There had been rumors the past few years of the city of Munich switching back to Windows and away from their widely-known Linux environment while now it looks like that is indeed taking place...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...Microsoft-2020

  • #2
    Well, this is what government typically does - wasting people's money

    Comment


    • #3
      nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!

      Comment


      • #4
        And about the same time Microsoft announced to move their offices near Munich back downtown and an "independent" study from Accenture recommended the city to migrate back to windows only...

        Comment


        • #5
          Afaik, Linux was working fine for them. It was only when they had to share documents with other authorities that they were requested to submit MS Office formats that gave them headaches. So yes, breaking free from Microsoft is hard.

          Comment


          • #6
            It's almost as if Germany was made of many different people and corporations behaving in different ways?

            Originally posted by lejeczek
            Exactly what you would expect from Germans. First they steal and cheat on a global scale by building poisonous cars now they claim they'd do electric car revolution. Who can follow that? And they have had their own, very good SUSE for long time. Who can follow that.(not a question)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by lejeczek
              Exactly what you would expect from Germans. First they steal and cheat on a global scale by building poisonous cars now they claim they'd do electric car revolution. Who can follow that? And they have had their own, very good SUSE for long time. Who can follow that.(not a question)
              Racism is strong with you, padawan.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by hugo8621 View Post
                And about the same time Microsoft announced to move their offices near Munich back downtown and an "independent" study from Accenture recommended the city to migrate back to windows only...
                Same thing happened here in Brazil. The government changed, the people in power bend over to the US, and now they're changing all government computers from Linux to Windows 10. It's sad.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                  Afaik, Linux was working fine for them. It was only when they had to share documents with other authorities that they were requested to submit MS Office formats that gave them headaches. So yes, breaking free from Microsoft is hard.
                  Thanks. I just wanted to know the technical reason for doing the jump (in other words..."why has Linux been disappointing for them?") That's seems a reasonable one...where the fault isn't from Linux itself.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    When they will eventually see that none of their problems will have gone after switching back to proprietary software, maybe they will understand that political "solutions" for technical problems are of no worth.

                    LiMux has been under bombardement from Munich's conservative politicians for many years and finally their FUD strategy prevails.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X