Richard Stallman: Goodbye to GNU Libreboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    Military strenght has nothing to do with Roman Empire failure.
    Western-Roman Empire fell because Huns started pushing Goths away from their territories, Goths again went and invaded Western-Roman territories in search of a new home and later Huns themselves invaded Western-Roman Empire. In German it's called Völkerwanderung, I don't know if it has as good sounding term in English.

With sufficient army Romans could have repelled the invasions but they could not even deal with Goths properly - they were granted autonomy after they settled in Empire but not subjugated to direct Roman rule like traditional way would have been, because internal power struggles, weakened economy and problems inherent from either had weakened also it's military. It had no military might left over for this. Weak military contributed directly to Empire's fall. Legions of the time were pale shadow compared to Legions of Caesar. Legionaries were often drafted by press gangs or forced to become ones because sons of former legionaries had no rights left for picking another occupation, whether they liked it or not.

Rotten internal policies and power struggles contributed remotely but were bigger reason.
    Last edited by aht0; 13 January 2017, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post

Most developers are deviants, or people with a mental "condition". However, using it to get your way is not cool and childish. From what i have read of contributors about the maintainer, she was indeed a childish dictator which is typical for SJWs.
      my problem is there is way too much hearsay and no one has posted chatlogs. I demand chatlogs. I also don't discount the presence of the very trans-critical reactionaries.

Comment

this literally is the most ridiculous shit ive ever read

Comment

Working...
        X