Steam's 2016 Winter Sale Has Begun: Good Deals On Linux / SteamOS Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Master5000
    Death to Steam! Death to Valve! They have betrayed us! They are an evil monopoly now that isn't interested in making games any more
    Agreed, I am hereby appointing you as research lead, your mission is to take Space X to mars and report on whether or not Valve has infected the United Earth of Mars economy as well. Go now soldier, godspeed.

Originally posted by ResponseWriter View Post
    You forgot to mention they totally haven't just ported one of their games to Vulkan
    You're probably just ignant. In that case I suggest you update your knowledge to the fact that Valve's DOTA 2 is currently available on Vulkan as seen in this video.

I suggest not spreading that misinformation anymore. There are also rumors currently about whether or not CS:GO will receive Vulkan via Source 2 or if there will be a CS successor who would without question be available on Vulkan as it's built into Source 2 Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Imroy View Post
      Winter sale?
      Winter?!?
      Some of us are in the southern hemisphere, mate. A steam sale is always appreciated though, no matter what it's called.
      Valve is based in Washington State and it is winter here

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
      You're probably just ignant. In that case I suggest you update your knowledge to the fact that Valve's DOTA 2 is currently available on Vulkan as seen in this video.
      He was being sarcastic...

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
        He was being sarcastic...
        I can see the sarcasm but unfortunately, it's sometimes hard to tell here on Phoronix Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post

I suggest not spreading that misinformation anymore. There are also rumors currently about whether or not CS:GO will receive Vulkan via Source 2 or if there will be a CS successor who would without question be available on Vulkan as it's built into Source 2 Engine.
          As others have pointed out, I was attempting to use sarcasm. Given the context of the post I quoted and the at the end I thought it'd be pretty clear. Oh well...

I'm not 'ignant' of the Dota 2 Vulkan port, having tried to use it on RADV and posted about it here before, but thanks for the video! Looks much better there than when I last tried to use it!
          Last edited by ResponseWriter; 22 December 2016, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post
            75% off GRID Autosport and 80% off Portal 2? Hell yeah! I'd been waiting for the latter to go on sale, knew it would happen sooner or later.
            GRID is FREE for a limited time on Humble Bundle!

Choose from thousands of games for PC, Mac, Linux, and Android while supporting a charity of your choice. New games added every day!

Comment

So it's the time of the year again for winter sale and I've decided to check out Trulon: The Shadow Engine. I'm a JRPG folk, so I might see what the game is all about.

Anyone out there a JRPG fan? Have a look at the game and see what you think.
              In a world of steampunk and magic you take the role of Gladia, a monster huntress set on a quest to find a cure to the disease that is spreading across Tripudia. Trulon combines adventure RPG elements with a unique card combat system.

You can play a game using a mouse, keyboard, or a game controller. I use the mouse for movement and battling enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by computerquip View Post

I can see the sarcasm but unfortunately, it's sometimes hard to tell here on Phoronix Forums.
                In this case I think it was fairly easy though
                I'm not 'ignant' of the Dota 2 Vulkan port
                Since I don't know what that word means, I wouldn't say yet that you're not

Comment

By the way, I wonder if there anyone who have Opposing Force and Blue Shift working on Linux? Anyone?

Training is works, but campaign start lead to crash.

Comment

Originally posted by Imroy View Post
                    Winter sale?
                    Winter?!?
                    Some of us are in the southern hemisphere, mate. A steam sale is always appreciated though, no matter what it's called.
                    There's no need to feel left out because it sure as hell doesn't look like winter here in southern Finland ether.

With last year being an El Nino year you'd have thought we'd be able to get a proper winter this year and not something that won't begin proper until after new year, but no. We seem to be getting the same kind of crappy winter as we did last year...

Comment

As others have pointed out, I was attempting to use sarcasm. Given the context of the post I quoted and the at the end I thought it'd be pretty clear. Oh well...

I'm not 'ignant' of the Dota 2 Vulkan port, having tried to use it on RADV and posted about it here before, but thanks for the video! Looks much better there than when I last tried to use it!
                      It sounds like others got it just not me, I guess the coffee didn't kick in yet, glad to finally get the joke :P

Comment

Working...
                      X