Libreboot Drama Continues, GNU Might Keep The Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    Isn't the development model of GNU projects that one which transfers copyright to the FSF?
    In that case, Libreboot belongs to the FSF.

Leah seems like a bad project leader because instead of acting neutral and impartial she is acting up on her own personal believes. She should lead the development, not push a political, religious, sexual, national or ideological agenda.
    Sorry for double but I can't edit. You are absolutely right.

Comment

Whatever Leah is intending to do, she's just doing a big disservice to the transgender community.
      FSF is known for its libertarian stance, and claiming gender discrimination simply sounds absurd. By Leah's own reaction to whatever happened between her and FSF it's clear she's up to complain a lot and do a lot of fuss for nothing. I'm assuming that if we don't know the precise facts (as she is adamant in not telling anybody the specifics) then the truth is against the complainer's interests, and people notice it.
      Second, her way of reaction is doing a lot of noise and screaming bloody murder. There's no body, no blood, no weapon, no nothing but she wants us to believe her just because of transgender people must be some sort of enlightened people entrusted with all the truth in the world instead of common people with particular issues.
      And then she says "game over" and wants to take the game board and the dice with her, despite none of them being her own. How nice of her.
      By the silence of the supposedly other involved transgender person, things were business as usual, but Leah can't let it settle. She wants to make it big. And she's doing so, but not in the way she planned. Everybody and their dogs are seeing it for what it is. She's trying to do a hostile takeover of a GNU project using moot claims of discrimination. But the question lingers:

Quid pro quo?

Who benefits from it? Leah is hanging herself professionally, the transgender community is getting a bad rap that will make people have second toughs about hiring a transgender person, the intended effect of tarnishing FSF's reputation is backfiring. Nobody directly involved in it is benefited, the FOSS community isn't benefited, the TG community neither. So who benefits from Leah's behavior? It may be open to discussion. Hormonal imbalance, difficult personality, vested interests all fit in as possible motivations. What doesn't fit is a valid intent to do justice.

Comment

She seems as very pathetic and "butthurt" person.

Comment

Originally posted by https://libreboot.org/gnu/
          It's clear, from these many transphobic comments made by the public, that we still don't live in an ideal world and that there is still a long way to go.
          I couldn't agree more. Listing the news and forum categories on Phoronix, I see computers, software, Linux etc related categories.

I don't see any politics category. Captain Obvious told me it's because this isn't a political website.

Yet, the majority of the 100+ comments made on the recent LibreBoot articles have absolutely nothing to do with the continued development of LibreBoot or any related topic. Many comments contain only hate speech and personal insults, written by people who never used LibreBoot or ever planned on doing so. They only commented because they were emotionally triggered to do so.

Aren't there more appropriate political opinion forums, sites and communities where you can share your political opinions with like-minded people, or debate with those you disagree with? Wouldn't that make more sense?

I promise I would never disrupt your discussions about politics, transgender rights and what not there, by going off-topic about Linux, computers and the like.

Could you please show me, and everyone else, the same respect on a technical forum (ie Phoronix) and restrain yourself from posting opinions on politics and/or your estimated intensity and strength of your emotions towards someone or something?

Comment

Originally posted by computerquip

1. I have no clue where you are located.
            2. This has zero to do with physical war.
            3. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual...litary_service
            4. I did not call you the Taliban. Although you don't seem far off with what you're saying.
            So when did you realized that Russians are talibans?

Comment

If there is no proof for one side in this matter, then no one here should takes sides. If there is a major disagreement, then a fork is the only way. And please stop insulting each other.

Comment

Originally posted by sverris View Post
                If there is no proof for one side in this matter, then no one here should takes sides. If there is a major disagreement, then a fork is the only way. And please stop insulting each other.
                Well it sure sounds weird that she's writing about the situation on the official libreboot site using a 3rd person narrative. Who does that? It's obvious from the git commits that she's behind it. Makes one suspect there are some mental instability issues. Imagine if we had this conversation with a tone of a outside narrator.

Comment

Beherit Luckily, threads like the libreboot threads aren't common. Usually we just have a few people arguing about things like systemd, and occasionally BSD, graphical toolkits and desktop environments. But, yes, this world is far from ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by sverris View Post
                    Leah has the Burden of Proof. She fails to provide such Proof and continues to burn the opposing party for seemingly no reason. She also publicly lists names in the company and requests they be fired. Even if she is right, her own actions and attitude have ironically acted as a distraction to any potential problem. That alone, I think, is reason enough to voice yourself against her.

Comment

All hail the new transphoboot GNU Project!

Comment

Working...
                      X