Systemd Rolls Out Its Own Mount Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    Let me repeat it: If someone is asking "how is X" ...
    It is not what he asked. In fact he didn't have a question. He simple said he was wondering if he should try it. You still haven't given an answer why he shouldn't, but are only deflection from the truth. I wonder why that is... And if you have questions regarding his comments then you really should be asking him and not me.

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post
      This is quite a fatal believe. Software needs to be relevant to everyone. If it has no impact on end users then developers also have no reason to use it. Even it just means to save time for a developer does this have an impact on the end users, because it means developers become more productive. Yet, this currently doesn't seem to be the case with systemd as it continues to gobble up more and more developers for its own survival, but with no reward to the end users, all while developers could have been working on something else. You have to come with more than just platitudes, believes or hopes to convince everyone of systemd. Hope is still the only thing you really have got. We will then never know what the developers could have been working on instead and what we didn't get to see, because of the time absorbed by systemd. And the reason why the development of systemd continues is because the developers choose to work on it and it is their choice alone to do with their time whatever they please. To think this makes systemd a success is wishful thinking, an illusion. It will take two or three decade to see if systemd was a worthwhile project. The only success here is open source itself, because it allows for all of it to happen.
      How about using the return key every now and then? Making a wall of text does not convey the right vibe.

Yet, this currently doesn't seem to be the case with systemd as it continues to gobble up more and more developers for its own survival,
      Making shit up on the fly? systemd git shows 17 developers https://github.com/orgs/systemd/people
      and from the contributor tab you can see that they are the ones doing 99% of the work
      The systemd System and Service Manager . Contribute to systemd/systemd development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

I remember the early days when the systemd fiasco was in its infancy it really was a microcosm of the epic disaster it has since become for Linux.

The early systemd stories were all about boot times and how systemd was going to lead to fast startup times that were faster than Windows and every mom and grandma in the world were going to see the light and make 'teh Year of Desktop Linux' finally happen.

Any technical arguments making the case than current init systems could be just as fast if anyone actually cared about how fast their systems boot were shouted/modded down by hordes of 15 year old systemd fanboys. The same little punks littering threads like this one spouting the same atechnical talking points about:

* You're just afraid of change!
        * Here come 'teh haters!

The only good that has come from Linux's systemd fiasco is it has shown just how fragile the technical guardianship of everything above the kernel in the Linux world really is. Any sane project run by technically competent grownups would have told an incompetent clown like Poettering to politely F off and go create his own fork with and come back when he has a complete drop in replacement that is ready to be compared point by point to existing technology.

Instead the Linux community allowed hordes of 15 year systemd fanboys ram Poetterings turd of an init system down the throats of almost every single distro the same way little script kiddies might game an online poll about which Power Ranger is teh best.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          How about using the return key every now and then? Making a wall of text does not convey the right vibe.

Making shit up on the fly? systemd git shows 17 developers https://github.com/orgs/systemd/people
          and from the contributor tab you can see that they are the ones doing 99% of the work
          The systemd System and Service Manager . Contribute to systemd/systemd development by creating an account on GitHub.
          I don't really care if you have a reading problem. The systemd project isn't just the systemd executable any more either. I think I am done writing here. Seems I am only making a few remaining people mad who I don't care about. Bye-bye, see ya laters haters

Comment

It is not what he asked. In fact he didn't have a question.
            You can't read complex english, just like another supposedly native english guy I know.
            By posting this "I was wondering how to determine whether I should try systemd on my machine. If it doesn't have multiple advantages over openrc then there is no point for me to consider systemd. "

he is really saying "should I try systemd? Is it better for me than OpenRC? If it is not VERY better I'm not trying it"

You still haven't given an answer why he shouldn't, but are only deflection from the truth.
            what the hell "making the switch isn't going to be terribly better for a desktop user in any way," means in english? Because that's what I said. Do I need to dumb down english to get the point across?

Comment

This is quite a fatal believe. Software needs to be relevant to everyone.
              the only fatal thing here is your brain damage. exactly because software needs to be relevant for everyone, it is stupid to demand it to be relevant for you when you are marginal. systemd is making life easier for everyone. if it does not for you - it is only your problem. make your personal distro.
              it continues to gobble up more and more developers for its own survival
              idiot, systemd has no power over developers. they are developing systemd willingly. same shit with distros switching to systemd.
              to convince everyone of systemd
              who needs that? idiots will migrate to freebsd(i will not tell them that freebsd is making systemd-like thing)
              To think this makes systemd a success is wishful thinking, an illusion. It will take two or three decade to see if systemd was a worthwhile project
              well, all you said here was wishful thinking and hallucinations. systemd is already used by majority of distros, more worthwhile competition does not exist.

Comment

The systemd project isn't just the systemd executable any more either.
                The git repo I linked is the unified repo for all systemd daemons, stats of contributors I reported above are combined for all of them, see here on the folder with the sources of them

Comment

Hi yall,

the pro-Systemd are welcome to express there views, however labeling those who do not like Systemd as trolls/haters, is immature. Though of course, even children disagree....

Pottering and his Feature-Creep, homogenization, Linux/Unix Eating Beast, can go to Hell.... Pottering is like Trump, with less integrity. That dam bloat-software is a cancer killing off other pieces of the Linux/Unix ecosystem. By homogenization it vastly increases the insecurity of Linux - since an exploit on one distro, will work on all...

So, "double dumb-ass," @ pro-systemd! With kudos to Kirk.

GreekGeek.

Comment

Originally posted by GreekGeek View Post
                    labeling those who do not like Systemd as trolls/haters, is immature

Pottering and his Feature-Creep, homogenization, Linux/Unix Eating Beast, can go to Hell.... Pottering is like Trump, with less integrity. That dam bloat-software is a cancer killing off other pieces of the Linux/Unix ecosystem.
                    you are not someone, who does not like systemd. you are just some random drug abusing imbecile like veteran unix admin or bearded gnu freak

Comment

Originally posted by GreekGeek View Post
                      [...] labeling [...] as trolls/haters, is immature. [...]

Pottering [...] can go to Hell [...] is like Trump [...] That dam bloat-software is a cancer [...]
                      It is the practice of engaging in the same behavior or activity for which one criticizes another.
                      (from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrisy)

Comment

Working...
                      X