Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SF Conservancy Speaks Out Against Developer Doing GPL Enforcement For Financial Gain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post

Also not seeing it. "prioritizing GPL compliance over financial gain" is pretty obviously not "we want some pie too".
    It's pretty basic reverse psychology.

What is reverse psychology, and why does it work? Your questions, answered Reverse psychology refers to getting another person to do or say something by telling them the opposite of what is desired. It's a common tactic commonly found in...

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
      It's pretty basic reverse psychology. http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Reverse-Psychology
      They want him to do something different, and they can use all tactics they want for that, it's ok.

What I'm not getting is where you get the hints that they want some pie too.

Comment

IMO. I read the same words you did and that was my take on it is all.
        I'll take that as a no on citations for your baseless accusation.

It's pretty basic reverse psychology.
        No, it's not.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

I'll take that as a no on citations for your baseless accusation.

No, it's not.
          Why does everything have to be an accusation? Oh yeah, because the new world order requires it? Come on man, If violating the GPL doesn't cost you dearly and in fact generates a profit for you, why wouldn't you violate the GPL?

Hint: That's reverse psychology. It's plainly obvious to me they wanted a piece of his pie.

Comment

Hint: That's reverse psychology. It's plainly obvious to me they wanted a piece of his pie.
            Still not explained what makes you think that they want some pie too.

That guy was also suspended by his own teammates due to his actions.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229
              Why does everything have to be an accusation? Oh yeah, because the new world order requires it? Come on man, If violating the GPL doesn't cost you dearly and in fact generates a profit for you, why wouldn't you violate the GPL?

What drugs are you on and are you willing to share?
              Last edited by DanL; 21 July 2016, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                What drugs are you on and are you willing to share?
                As far as I can tell from past posts, he's on Teabags...

Comment

Originally posted by unixfan2001 View Post

As far as I can tell from past posts, he's on Teabags...
                  If that's how you interpret my opinions on various things, then oh well. You are definitely wrong though. If your wrong about something like this that doesn't matter at all, how many other things are you wrong about.

Comment

If that's how you interpret my opinions on various things, then oh well. You are definitely wrong though. If your wrong about something like this that doesn't matter at all, how many other things are you wrong about.
                    The guy who thinks that the same tactics that worked against 17th century infantry (those with brightly-coloured coats trained to fight in rigid formations in the open and shoot without even aiming) from a very distant homeland could work also today against modern armies playing in their own territory has spoken.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post

The guy who thinks that the same tactics that worked against 17th century infantry (those with brightly-coloured coats trained to fight in rigid formations in the open and shoot without even aiming) from a very distant homeland could work also today against modern armies playing in their own territory has spoken.
                      You're an idiot. I never said anything at all like that in this thread or any other. You have no idea what guerilla warfare is apparently and you're unable to conclude it has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

EDIT: You do realize the British were highly unwelcome, they got fired at from every angle everywhere they went. They never had a chance to win, even if the colonial army never formed, the British still would have lost the revolution. The very day the British landed their main force it was ambushed by regular people and nearly defeated. If nothing else they would have lost through attrition.
                      Last edited by duby229; 22 July 2016, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X