New Details Emerge About Debian Founder Ian Murdock's Death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    If you do not grow your children to work, you will have criminals and narcotics.
    Child labor in Victorian times isn't "grow your children to work" in any sense of the word.

People do not need control, nature takes care of everything.

Comment

Are you seriously advocating we return to this:

"Natural state" in capitalist economy is a monopoly corporation which screws everyone to maximize profits. Capitalist free market economy is benefits the CAPITAL, not the society. In most real world scenarios selfish entities cannot achieve optimal long term solutions (look at prisoner's dilemma, tragedy of commons).

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

If you do not grow your children to work, you will have criminals and narcotics.
      People do not need control, nature takes care of everything.

Comment

Originally posted by coder111 View Post
        Are you seriously advocating we return to this:
        debianxfce isn't ever serious, he consistently picks the most retarded and shit arguments every time.

Most definetly a troll. Not natural.

Comment

Originally posted by unixfan2001 View Post

This post explains everything. Everything!

Of course you are a Teabagger. Of course you are economically and politically illiterate.
          How could I ever doubt your insanity, when it was open for display at all times?

As for your "observations":

Private corporations (the Koch Industries, Heckler & Koch, BASF et all) vastly profit from wars.
          Poverty isn't caused by high taxes or some sort of law (how could a law cause poverty anyways? Because it's illegal to sell drugs and trade your children for money and shelter?) but by the general lack of compassion, a gap in education, a lack of job opportunities, a lack of a proper safety net or just being naturally unlucky (among half a dozen other things, such as all sorts of expensive addictions).
          Yikes, you sound like you're only a few steps behind poor Ian. I suspect your local supermarket can't keep tin foil in stock, because you buy them out each week. Good grief, you sound like one of those mentally ill "feel the bern" clowns.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
            debianxfce isn't ever serious, he consistently picks the most retarded and shit arguments every time.

Most definetly a troll. Not natural.
            Well I outpassed this state and now I wait for every post he puts. I am big fan of him, as much as he is fan of AMD and gstreamer.

Because I love the way he can put whatever argument and always be "versus" everyone, even when someone could actually be on the same side => that NEVER happens.
            Furthermore he can do that while being 100% wrong ALWAYS, this is incredible. Even a typing monkey will sometime write something true like "clouds are in the sky" "fire burns things" etc., not him.

Ask him if he prefers coconuts or bananas and he will answer : "systemd sux".

By the way who else than him has this ability to transform a suicide bad news into a world politic and economic fantasy project? None.

I must admit I am kind of addicted to debianxfce, if I was a woman I would fall in love with him behind my screen.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
              Yikes, you sound like you're only a few steps behind poor Ian. I suspect your local supermarket can't keep tin foil in stock, because you buy them out each week. Good grief, you sound like one of those mentally ill "feel the bern" clowns.
              You quoted the wrong post perhaps?

Comment

Let me add a little story of mine here. Country laws can indeed cause people to feel miserable, a mismanaged country will cause poverty. I am a computer enthusiast. I live in Slovakia, one of the worst countries of the so-called first world. Taxes are insane here. Half of the money you make goes out the window to our mafia government. They're using the tax system to legalize their high earnings from European union's donations and also utilize many other ways to steal money. But it's legal. Bad laws. Now how does this affect me? I can't get a job. I don't go to university, my parents don't have money for that. Neither do I since I can't get a job. Moreover, I don't even want to study at a university because they're all bad in my country and other countries with good universities are way more expensive. I worked for 6 months in 2015, on an internship program concluded by government, got paid 128 eur per month. Nice round number. Not enough to even pay for food here. I worked for 2, yes, 2 days in May 2016 at a car seat assembly factory, I traveled to the west of Slovakia and the expenses of travel + health insurance I had to pay for because they kicked me out prematurely cost me more than I earned there in those 2 days. No reason given for kicking me out of the job. The job agency promised to pay for accommodation, and they did. All was fine with the agency, it was the factory management that f*ed up. So there went all my personal savings. If I didn't live with parents, I'd be homeless. Now other things I did recently: I translate English to Slovak and vice versa, but I can't catch a gig lately. And it wouldn't pay for a living. Here I am typing on an 8 year old PC, I'm fine with that. It's breaking down, luckily friends provide me with spare parts, recently I had a PSU, HDDs die.... Back to the story now, I did some IT projects this year, made a website for somebody who promised to give me a job, he never did. I made a project regarding Windows Server and multiple computer management for a company where I'd be the IT support but they said in the end they don't have the money to buy the licenses. I made them a suggestion to use Linux and that I could try making their IS work with Wine's version of IE or similarly. They straight out refused. I've been jobless for 2 years, I never worked in my entire life even though I really want. This country is f*ed, if you don't know people on high places, you're f*ed too. That's to those who say that people are responsible for how they end up. No, I am not. I can't do anything to get out of here. No money. I can't get the money cause I don't like stealing and getting a job in my country is less likely than winning a lottery - but I don't do gambling.

I almost forgot to add about Ian Murdock. I thought for a long time that he was in fact a victim of police violence which I could see a lot in the news recently. I have a certain religious view (no specific religion, I'd call it my own morale) that I would never commit a suicide proactively, instead I'd probably just lie down and sleep endlessly while I starve to death. But the thing is, I'd be having suicidal thoughts too. This country's system broke me already. Well Ian certainly had enough money, but that's not everything.
                Last edited by plantroon; 07 July 2016, 02:45 PM. Reason: Added paragraph about Ian Murdock, fixed some grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by plantroon View Post
                  Let me add a little story of mine here.
                  Sounds like the average <40 yo italian citizen's story too. All you said applies without modifications.

You don't want to hear the stories of the >50 yo italian citizens that lose their job because the company crashes and burns and have even less chances of finding a job because they are old.

I'm really scared by where this is going, if I lose my job the whole family is fucked for ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Frett View Post

That no longer applies post-mortem.
                    In the US? Because in Germany, patient data stays confidental.

Comment

Originally posted by plantroon View Post
                      Let me add a little story of mine here. Country laws can indeed cause people to feel miserable, a mismanaged country will cause poverty. I am a computer enthusiast. I live in Slovakia, one of the worst countries of the so-called first world. Taxes are insane here. Half of the money you make goes out the window to our mafia government. They're using the tax system to legalize their high earnings from European union's donations and also utilize many other ways to steal money. But it's legal. Bad laws. Now how does this affect me? I can't get a job. I don't go to university, my parents don't have money for that. Neither do I since I can't get a job. Moreover, I don't even want to study at a university because they're all bad in my country and other countries with good universities are way more expensive. I worked for 6 months in 2015, on an internship program concluded by government, got paid 128 eur per month. Nice round number. Not enough to even pay for food here. I worked for 2, yes, 2 days in May 2016 at a car seat assembly factory, I traveled to the west of Slovakia and the expenses of travel + health insurance I had to pay for because they kicked me out prematurely cost me more than I earned there in those 2 days. No reason given for kicking me out of the job. The job agency promised to pay for accommodation, and they did. All was fine with the agency, it was the factory management that f*ed up. So there went all my personal savings. If I didn't live with parents, I'd be homeless. Now other things I did recently: I translate English to Slovak and vice versa, but I can't catch a gig lately. And it wouldn't pay for a living. Here I am typing on an 8 year old PC, I'm fine with that. It's breaking down, luckily friends provide me with spare parts, recently I had a PSU, HDDs die.... Back to the story now, I did some IT projects this year, made a website for somebody who promised to give me a job, he never did. I made a project regarding Windows Server and multiple computer management for a company where I'd be the IT support but they said in the end they don't have the money to buy the licenses. I made them a suggestion to use Linux and that I could try making their IS work with Wine's version of IE or similarly. They straight out refused. I've been jobless for 2 years, I never worked in my entire life even though I really want. This country is f*ed, if you don't know people on high places, you're f*ed too. That's to those who say that people are responsible for how they end up. No, I am not. I can't do anything to get out of here. No money. I can't get the money cause I don't like stealing and getting a job in my country is less likely than winning a lottery - but I don't do gambling.

I almost forgot to add about Ian Murdock. I thought for a long time that he was in fact a victim of police violence which I could see a lot in the news recently. I have a certain religious view (no specific religion, I'd call it my own morale) that I would never commit a suicide proactively, instead I'd probably just lie down and sleep endlessly while I starve to death. But the thing is, I'd be having suicidal thoughts too. This country's system broke me already. Well Ian certainly had enough money, but that's not everything.
                      I am sorry about you troublesome situation. Having no money at all can be really hard. I think, you probably tried everything already. But I usually find that supermarkets mostly need some workforce. Did you ask there? What did you do besides school that it is so hard to show some skills?

Else, I would suggest, you sign better contracts next time. IT people are quite needed in general. Even better, if you can at least formally say, you attend a university. If you tried to study, you might find it is not that hard to get a job while studying. Also, if the universities are similar to those in Czechia, they are quite alright. In Germany, there is a dual study possibility. You get a contract for 3 years and half of that time, you attend the university. The other half, you work. You get paid each month at least 450€ with which you can survive. Depending on the employer and industry, you can get a lot more than that. Some do get tripple that. For that, you need to show language skills in German and a finished high school (maturity exam).

I find it extremely disturbing, that a young and probably healthy, reasonably behaved and educated person like you have such a trouble. I don't think the system is so broken. Many people tend to have negative opinions about it, but there really is no reason you don't have a job. There is always something. Maybe it doesn't pay well but it is a honest job. Go ask, open your eyes. Nobody will take care of you, you have to look on your own and always try!
                      Good luck
                      ​​​
                      Last edited by kaliszad; 07 July 2016, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X