Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I No Longer Have Any Trust In The Nest Protect

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by duby229 View Post

    Yeah, there is a manmade element called Americium that is a byproduct of nuclear reactor waste.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americium
    Sure there is radioactive stuff in it, but how much is what I'm asking. I was referring to the BED unit of measurement, or "Banana Equivalent Dose". It is not exactly a very good unit of measure, but it does give a (fairly) good idea for what is considered a healthy consumption of radioactive material. The idea is that bananas are healthy, and bananas naturally produce potassium-40, which is radioactive, so a small amount of potassium-40 is harmless. My question 'Is it more radioactive than a few bananas' has little to do with what kind of radio active stuff is inside, only 'how much' is considered to be healthy to be around.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_equivalent_dose

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by tiwake View Post

      Sure there is radioactive stuff in it, but how much is what I'm asking. I was referring to the BED unit of measurement, or "Banana Equivalent Dose". It is not exactly a very good unit of measure, but it does give a (fairly) good idea for what is considered a healthy consumption of radioactive material. The idea is that bananas are healthy, and bananas naturally produce potassium-40, which is radioactive, so a small amount of potassium-40 is harmless. My question 'Is it more radioactive than a few bananas' has little to do with what kind of radio active stuff is inside, only 'how much' is considered to be healthy to be around.

      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_equivalent_dose
      According to this link it's between 9-50nSv (nanosevierts) per year, which is negligible. But that assumes it remains contained within the detector.

      http://large.stanford.edu/courses/2011/ph241/eason1/

      EDIT: Heavy elements tend to stick to almost any molecule, so if some got in your body somehow, a lot of it would stay in your body. Then it's not a matter of being a small dose, it's a matter of destroying the molecules they stick to. That can lead to cancers and deformities and deficiencies in the molecules that are being destroyed.
      Last edited by duby229; 08-16-2015, 08:12 PM.

      Comment


      • #33
        I dont really get why people are forced to have this things nowadays. Its the same fearmaking than with terrorism. I evenn somethimes think its the same reason, to mass survalence everybody.

        If I would work in a secret agency when I wanted to get a microphone in a house, where maybe the person takes out the batteries from his phone, which in theory most people could do that boxes would be the perfect excuse to send some people and installing that bug.

        Whenever I look at that red slowly blinking status leds of this 2 boxes I got installed and remembering snowden I feel watched. Which retard defined a red status led as all is right sign, must never drove a car in his live.

        I dont find good numbers in the hurry but I see that 20% or so got saved when a fire happens that are ruthly 100 people a year in the whole usa.

        So lets compare this numbers to other numbers, you have each year in usa 10.000 people that die from homosites, most countries (if not all) with strikter weapon laws, have way way lower rates. So even with some smaller changes to weapon laws even if you would still allow them but making owners put them into a save or something or making a lisence with a test and forbitting weapon usage under 18 except maybe some less dangerous weopons for sports and with that you would shurlf reduce the homocides 10% if you control this laws really. would save 10x more lives.

        But then the companys would sell a few less guns and the smoke detector companies would also sell less of their things if it would not be a law to have one.

        I would even think a bit marketing that people should have such things would bring more than a law to have one of this. then the people who would by then one would most likely buy the better versions not this cheap thingo that start beaping after u are dead most likely.

        But another non usa exclusive comparsion, how many people die in accidents because a overworked driver of a truck sleeps and drives into a car or general car accidents, making here shorter driver allowences maybe make 2 people drive in each truck which share the one job basicly hourwise, maybe they can drive a bit longer together would save surly much more lives.

        but the jerbs! I am to anticapitalistik, if we have to die for capatilism thats a good cause, so lets maximise the amount of people that allowed to do that.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by blackiwid View Post
          I dont really get why people are forced to have this things nowadays. Its the same fearmaking than with terrorism. I evenn somethimes think its the same reason, to mass survalence everybody.

          If I would work in a secret agency when I wanted to get a microphone in a house, where maybe the person takes out the batteries from his phone, which in theory most people could do that boxes would be the perfect excuse to send some people and installing that bug.

          Whenever I look at that red slowly blinking status leds of this 2 boxes I got installed and remembering snowden I feel watched. Which retard defined a red status led as all is right sign, must never drove a car in his live.

          I dont find good numbers in the hurry but I see that 20% or so got saved when a fire happens that are ruthly 100 people a year in the whole usa.

          So lets compare this numbers to other numbers, you have each year in usa 10.000 people that die from homosites, most countries (if not all) with strikter weapon laws, have way way lower rates. So even with some smaller changes to weapon laws even if you would still allow them but making owners put them into a save or something or making a lisence with a test and forbitting weapon usage under 18 except maybe some less dangerous weopons for sports and with that you would shurlf reduce the homocides 10% if you control this laws really. would save 10x more lives.

          But then the companys would sell a few less guns and the smoke detector companies would also sell less of their things if it would not be a law to have one.

          I would even think a bit marketing that people should have such things would bring more than a law to have one of this. then the people who would by then one would most likely buy the better versions not this cheap thingo that start beaping after u are dead most likely.

          But another non usa exclusive comparsion, how many people die in accidents because a overworked driver of a truck sleeps and drives into a car or general car accidents, making here shorter driver allowences maybe make 2 people drive in each truck which share the one job basicly hourwise, maybe they can drive a bit longer together would save surly much more lives.

          but the jerbs! I am to anticapitalistik, if we have to die for capatilism thats a good cause, so lets maximise the amount of people that allowed to do that.

          Just a question about the truck drivers? how long can you drive daily? In EU you can go 9 hours and between this you need to have 15 and 30 min pauses.

          Comment


          • #35
            No offense but you are stupid, some countries have seen no change in homocid rate, with introduction of stricter wapon laws. Yea, more men no jump from bridges onto railway tracks to kill themselves, so no gain there. Homocide is no issur since most would change to illegal wapons, the statistisch Bureau knows now we have 1m not legal weapons in our country, with 2-3 M total, every year the amount of wapons handed over to the police is in the 10'000 which means in about 100 years there shouldn't be any unregistered wapons.
            I one want to change the fearculture, one would hav to change the human interaction to something more, peace/helpful. But today if one approaches a fire the first thing gets more and more not to call help or help oneself, instead the people make selfies or call the press to earn a Franklin.

            Well to the toppic it looks silli to Hammer the Nest protect but in return I wouldn't probably have the nerves to take the screwdriver either.
            Last edited by _ONH_; 08-17-2015, 04:47 AM.

            Comment


            • #36
              I don't understand how this topic has anything to do with gun laws, but OK... In the US the original intention was to make sure that the people of this nation have the ability to overthrow the government when the time comes. That time hasn't come yet, so the right bare arms is still just as valid today as it always has been. Every government to exist in history has failed, and every government that exists today will fail eventually. It may not be in my lifetime, but it will happen sooner or later. The question is, will you be capable of cooperating with your neighbors to defend yourselves when the time comes? There is a good reason why guerrilla warfare works.

              Comment


              • #37
                Sledgehammer.... when taking out the battery is too complicated.
                Smoke detectors are very sensitive, and sometimes will activate on stink or the wrong humidity.

                This is not an event that should impact "confidence" in the product in general, it is simple bad luck.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
                  Sledgehammer.... when taking out the battery is too complicated.
                  Smoke detectors are very sensitive, and sometimes will activate on stink or the wrong humidity.

                  This is not an event that should impact "confidence" in the product in general, it is simple bad luck.
                  I was unaware until yesterday that the battery is even replaceable, which is only used in cases when there is no AC power... It's installed by default and apparently hidden behind the back panel of the device that requires first removing screws. Far different than normal battery-operated smoke detectors.

                  The humidity/temperature level has been pretty much constant all summer via air conditioning. All the devices are only a few months old.
                  Michael Larabel
                  http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Dude wasn't a liar about radioactive stuff in smoke detectors http://www.epa.gov/radiation/sources/smoke_alarm.html

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      lol, all european and australia have strikter weapon laws and all have lower homocites that must all be random facts. dont come with some 3rd world countries even that america seems to be noadays 10% rich the rest poor with no limit, they would even dream from a niveau they had in the old socialistic east germany. they had all a house and all tooths/replacements.

                      but say for a moment the people would still kill themself by jumping from bridges, the police would not be needed to be so militarised because everybody can easily get sniper rifles and stuff like that.

                      so they would not need to have policies to shoot 50 bullets fast in black people that behave not 100% like they tell them.... .... or at least they wont have that excuse.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X