AtomicRNG: Feeding The Linux RNG With Java & Alpha Ray Visualizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TAXI View Post
    //EDIT: Whoops, accidentially submitted this post before the final test result where ready, sorry, give me a few minutes.
    Code:
    Entropy = 7.998123 bits per byte.

Optimum compression would reduce the size
    of this 296978 byte file by 0 percent.

Chi square distribution for 296978 samples is 773.39, and randomly
    would exceed this value less than 0.01 percent of the times.

Arithmetic mean value of data bytes is 127.2512 (127.5 = random).
    Monte Carlo value for Pi is 3.143769193 (error 0.07 percent).
    Serial correlation coefficient is -0.001030 (totally uncorrelated = 0.0).
    //EDIT:
    Originally posted by opensource View Post
    So in your implementation you may not use urandom, it's only pseudo faster and not more random.
    Don't worry, I use /dev/urandom just as example RNG for statistical analytics (speed, comparing its result against AtomicRNGs in test tools, ...).
    Last edited by V10lator; 20 January 2015, 07:09 AM.

Comment

The ARNG only (if not mixed with random/urandom) results look good I'd say

If we imagine a sensor which is 2x2 pixels big (imagine if that is what one is using), then an improvement would be using a bigger sensor. Now, you are of course not using 2x2 sensor, but I wonder if using an even bigger sensor would improve the randomness.

Comment

If we imagine a sensor which is 2x2 pixels big (imagine if that is what one is using), then an improvement would be using a bigger sensor. Now, you are of course not using 2x2 sensor, but I wonder if using an even bigger sensor would improve the randomness.
        It would higher the throughput, not the randomness. No matter what size the CCD is, there's always a max. number. So we don't have to see the coordinates as a number but as a sequence of bytes, replacing the ones not random (zeroes before the actual number) or doing other tricks to extract the randomness from the limited number.

Comment

The ARNG only (if not mixed with random/urandom) results look good I'd say
          Except the chi-squad Value. Tried to fix, new result:
          Code:
          Entropy = 7.999670 bits per byte.

Optimum compression would reduce the size
          of this 503105 byte file by 0 percent.

Chi square distribution for 503105 samples is 230.78, and randomly
          would exceed this value 85.96 percent of the times.

Arithmetic mean value of data bytes is 127.6054 (127.5 = random).
          Monte Carlo value for Pi is 3.137221228 (error 0.14 percent).
          Serial correlation coefficient is 0.001009 (totally uncorrelated = 0.0).
          The bad thing is that this reduces the throughput. This stage of the entropy extractor might be the most fragile code block as it has a direct impact on the throughput as well as the randomness. That's one of the points I would love to talk with an expert in this area about as it's really hard to get as much throughput as possible while not violating the radomness.

Comment

(Yes Chi wasn't as good, as you mentioned before.) Hm, that's interesting, I thought the random numbers come and no picking (selecting like every 100th number) is necessary.

Comment

Working...
            X