X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol

Originally posted by AndrewGray View Post
    Stupid people wouldn't be mad about lack of support for a filesystem

mad? i'm not mad, i don't care, they do what they want in their system, and yes chrome os is for stupid ppl and kids, is only google chrome in full screen, but ok use what you want,

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
      Even though ChromeOS uses parts of Linux, I'm sure Google doesn't want people to associate it with Linux. Personally if I got a ChromeBook, I'd try my best to put Linux. Be the only reason I get one. ChromeOS sucks. I can do a lot more with Ubuntu or Debian.
      The hardware is pretty much supported by Linux and the firmware that comes with the machine can be replaced with Coreboot I am sure. I so much want a Chromebook to use as a basic Linux system I can carry around.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
        The hardware is pretty much supported by Linux and the firmware that comes with the machine can be replaced with Coreboot I am sure. I so much want a Chromebook to use as a basic Linux system I can carry around.
        How hard it is to get that ChromeOS is for idiots and people "who just want the job done". That is, simple interface to google web apps, cloud storage (the local storage is only meant for the bare OS and legacy usb storage in order to move stuff to cloud, not from cloud). The user interface will be dumbed down even more later. It's just stupid to think this would not happen. ChromeOS targets unintelligent ignorant people who don't want a full OS, just the browser. They don't care about the safety of cloud. As long as it just works (tm), you know? You can always install your own distro if it's not good.

Comment

What a garbage reason to remove something as useful as file-system support. I imagine this decision is more poltical than it appears, though I can't imagine how it would benefit anybody at Google.

Comment

This is nothing short of sensationalist, Michael. They remove support from the UI for a few filesystems. Who cares. Chances are, anyone who cares probably wouldn't be using ChromeOS anyways. This is like the least big deal, ever.

Comment

The reasons for the omission are that the EXT family is not widely used, so support is considered a “minor” and dispensable feature.
              Not sure how reputable that site is exactly though or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                And what about UDF? I'm using UDF for all my cross-OS storage needs, for instance.
                Indeed, works perfectly across all desktop OS machines.

But some of the mobile systems seem to lack support for it for no good reason

Cheers,
                _

Comment

Seriously, what is wrong with some people here? "ChromeOS doesn't fit my use case, so people using it must be dumb and unintelligent kids!" Really?
                  "I won't ever use it, but complain about its features or removal of them anyway!" WTF?

Actually those comments say more about you than about ChromeOS users and developers.

Comment

Originally posted by chithanh View Post
                    From Murphy's Law:
                    Build a system that even a fool can use, and only a fool will use it.

If they don't revert this decision soon, the ChromeOS user demographic is going see a marked shift towards the dumb end of the spectrum.
                    Fools are 90% of IT users, live with that and be happy for now because this % will increase year after year.

Comment

The fully supported file-systems endorsed by Google would be FAT and NTFS.
                      Sounds really retarded. Next time Google should try to design vacuum cleaner and make sure it does not sucks, if they're in mood to learn something from M$. Fuckoff, Google, at this point you're not anyhow better than M$ itself. Ahh, I forgot: its nice idea to switch search engine to something less bastardized. DuckDuckGo would do the trick. They also do not spy on you, unlike google.
                      Last edited by System25; 13 October 2014, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X