This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
    Great job completely ignoring pretty much everything I said.
    If you expected anything more out of him, then you learned absolutely nothing reading this thread or basically any other thread he's been in since he showed up again.

If you try to pin him down with actual arguments he's always going to dodge answering them and claim that he won, even when he's blatantly in the wrong (such as his recent claims regarding logind). My suggestion: *passes the popcorn* and watch the other poor unfortunate souls thinking that they can actually get him to discuss a topic.

Comment

• and I am out... byebye.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
        Great job completely ignoring pretty much everything I said.
        No, I have not ignored it. I only answered it before and you did not read it. So much for ignorance...

You present your knowledge of democracy and base your argument on the principal of majorities, but you seem to know little about Linux. For a long time has Linux been the minority and still is today when it comes to the desktop. If anything can be said about Linux then it is that it is driven by a minority and used by a minority. If the majority had anything to say about Linux then everyone would be using Windows.

What you do is to hide behind a mass of people while having little knowledge and no real argument. It makes you more of a Windows user than a Linux user.

Seems to me the more Linux conquers the desktop the more it also absorbs the ignorant Windows users.

Comment

• Originally posted by sdack View Post
          No, I have not ignored it. I only answered it before and you did not read it. So much for ignorance...

You present your knowledge of democracy and base your argument on the principal of majorities, but you seem to know little about Linux. For a long time has Linux been the minority and still is today when it comes to the desktop. If anything can be said about Linux then it is that it is driven by a minority and used by a minority. If the majority had anything to say about Linux then everyone would be using Windows.

What you do is to hide behind a mass of people while having little knowledge and no real argument. It makes you more of a Windows user than a Linux user.

Seems to me the more Linux conquers the desktop the more it also absorbs the ignorant Windows users.
          Not content with boring old idiocy, sdack escellates to full on babbling incoherence. Welcome to being a stupid idiot, sdack. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Comment

• 427 messages?? O_o
            For say what?
            The init war is over, systemd won. End of story.

Comment

• Originally posted by valeriodean View Post
              427 messages?? O_o
              For say what?
              No, launchd won.

Comment

systemd won
                And 90% of the thread is systemd fanboys gloating over that. Though I can't say I'm surprised.

Comment

• Originally posted by prodigy_ View Post
                  And 90% of the thread is systemd fanboys gloating over that. Though I can't say I'm surprised.
                  They are not gloating. They are entirely focused on me to see what I will write next.

Comment

• Originally posted by prodigy_ View Post
                    Systemd won because it was technically better than anything else available for Linux. That it won such a total landslide victory, is solely the systemd opponents fault. Their almost total focus on negative campaigning against systemd was sure to lead to their defeat.

If the systemd opponents had concentrated their efforts on making alternatives to the problems systemd solves, there could have been some kind of competition to it this day.

But one of the consequences of a waging a "holy war" against systemd is that no opponent can admit that systemd have many appealing features that solves real world problems. Without really studying systemd in detail, and without realising its many alluring aspects, no alternative can even be formulated.

Making cursory glances at the systemd features like "socket activation" and claiming that is the same as "inetd", isn't a proper analysis of systemd; not only is it wrong, but it also prevents systemd opponents from make an alternative to systemd's "socket activation". It also make people who knows both methods, to shake their head at the systemd opponents wrong claims.

Sticking the head in the sand and ignoring upstream projects plea for having a working, maintained alternative to logind (or ConsoleKit) has been utterly ignored. Instead the systemd opponents started a negative campaign against the upstream projects if they dared using systemd features. So they would make hate attacks against Gnome for using logind, but without offering an alternative that Gnome could use instead.

To sum up; the systemd opponents lost because they only focused on attacking systemd, not on making an alternative to its functions or the problems they solve.
                    Last edited by interested; 14 September 2014, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Goodbye Linux, it was nice using you for the last 15 years.

Comment

Working...
                      X