This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sdack View Post
    Why do you hate me? Is it because I have got you to think? If so then know that with making an insult you only show to have begun to use your head and that you still have a long way to go.
    I do not hate you. With regards to you, I'm completely indifferent. I merely stated my opinion based on observations I made while reading this thread.

Please do not attribute feelings that I did not portray or opinions I did not expresse to me.

Throughout you've been barely coherent with your arguments, quite evasive and seem to lack any form of deductive reasoning skills.

You're either being dogmatic, bigoted, disingenuous or downright stupid. Pick one... They all seem to fit. Again, just an opinion based on observations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zetbo View Post
      This is the problem with these systemd haters. They yell very loud "systemd sucks and will suck us all into blackhole!!!!1". When you ask them what you are going to do about it or what's your solution. They usually don't have any constructive to say.
      There, end thread plz. I beg you
      Last edited by profoundWHALE; 08 September 2014, 10:04 PM. Reason: bed*

Comment

• Originally posted by jayrulez View Post
        I do not hate you. With regards to you, I'm completely indifferent. I merely stated my opinion based on observations I made while reading this thread.

Please do not attribute feelings that I did not portray or opinions I did not expresse to me.

Throughout you've been barely coherent with your arguments, quite evasive and seem to lack any form of deductive reasoning skills.

You're either being dogmatic, bigoted, disingenuous or downright stupid. Pick one... They all seem to fit. Again, just an opinion based on observations.
        Clearly, you are so full of hatred and spite that there is not any room left for courage, or else you would have found some to admit it. One could say you have gone completely over to the "dark side".

What caused this?
        Last edited by sdack; 09 September 2014, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Clearly, you are so full of hatred and spite that there is not any room left for courage, or else you would have found some to admit it. One could say you have gone completely over to the "dark side".

What caused this?
          They have cookies.

Comment

• 300 posts and not a single technical argument in sight... business as usual. Granted, it's difficult to find anything that *might* be considered valid criticism against systemd amidst all the noise.

There are very few things required for a real, productive discussion. I think the guidelines below are simple common sense, but maybe it's not so obvious to everyone.

Use proper language to the best of your ability. Too many errors will make you look uneducated or simply dumb. If English is not your native tongue, try to keep it straightforward enough that you do not make mistakes. Most people will be able to tell the difference between honest mistakes and plain bad grammar.

If you make claims, explain your reasoning and give references where possible. Be specific.

A blog which simply restates your claim is not a reference. "Somewhere in this thread" is not a reference.

Misunderstandings do happen. If you think your argument is misunderstood, clarify it.

Repeated arguments not compliant with the above can be safely ignored

Pretty much all arguments on the boycottsystemd.org website fail hard at the "explain your reasoning" part -- The website is basically pure FUD. The arguments are worded so that they sound like facts to someone with incomplete knowledge of systemd with links to some random references, but since no real reasoning is provided to back up all the snarky claims, the whole site is devoid of substance. That website deserves to be ignored even if some of the claims were factual.

Comment

Why do you hate me? Is it because I have got you to think? If so then know that with making an insult you only show to have begun to use your head and that you still have a long way to go.
              I don't think he hates you. He's just basically correct on your account. You haven't been able to produce sensible arguments in the last 32 pages, and lately you are not even logical in your answers. There's nothing about hate in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by erendorn View Post
                haven't been able to produce sensible arguments in the last 32 pages
                Just wait until the systemd facebook / twitter integration happens, then no arguments will be needed at all. I cant wait to read peoples twitter feed or facebook wall each time their machine sends an ACPI command or plugs in a USB stick.

Will be a decent way to finally obtain the number of Linux users I suppose

You can also tell how many Linux users are secretly guilty of unplugging before unmount. Only the classy *nix users will get to keep their pride haha.
                Last edited by kpedersen; 09 September 2014, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
                  Just wait until the systemd facebook / twitter integration happens, then no arguments will be needed at all. I cant wait to read peoples twitter feed or facebook wall each time their machine sends an ACPI command or plugs in a USB stick.

Will be a decent way to finally obtain the number of Linux users I suppose

You can also tell how many Linux users are secretly guilty of unplugging before unmount. Only the classy *nix users will get to keep their pride haha.
                  You don't need any sort of integration for this. It's been trivial to do for ages... just use a udev rule to run a twitter script or trigger a unit.

Comment

• from John Campbell:
                    • Haters gonna make some good points

from Futurama:
                    • Thou shalt love the tentacle

from Alexander Viro:
                    • Thou shalt know by your heart that all software sucks.
                    • Beware of those who say that their software does not suck, for they are either fools or liars.
                    • Know when to say "It can be mended, I shalt do that" and when to say "It is rotten beyond repair".
                    • When shit happens, think how to fix it.

[courtesy of the department of unoriginal thoughts]

Still undecided here. I rather like Al's first line in that subset of this post. It's freeing.

Comment

• Originally posted by rice_nine View Post
                      When shit happens, think how to fix it.
                      Too bad Lennart doesn't share this philosophy. His favorite word is WONTFIX.

Comment

Working...
                      X