No announcement yet.

Chris Beard Confirmed As Mozilla's CEO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, one must be an idiot to dislike homophobes? If you ask me, homophobes are the idiots. Oh, and fyi, teenagers are usually less homophobic. Sure there are these "cool gangsta yo" type extremists, but I find most adults to be closet homophobes.

I'm 22 by the way.

Comment

Teenagers call each other fag five times a day and strongly support gay rights. Don't think too hard about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
        FTFY
        There?s simply no better person to lead Mozilla (except Brendan Eich, but our userbase seems to mostly consist of pretentious 16 year old idiots)
        We thought about Hans Reiser, but it turns out gay bashers are right up there with murderers. I guess we'll have to settle for someone respecting the law and isn't a homophobic prick.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaz View Post
          Teenagers call each other fag five times a day and strongly support gay rights. Don't think too hard about it.
          Teenagers also hit each other in the balls, grab girls boobies and spit on each other. Their mental capacity to understand privacy and human decency is given a pass, until they reach maturity.

Comment

Firefox KDE integration

Originally posted by mcirsta View Post
            I'm not such a big fan but Firefox doesn't have native integration with KDE file dialogues and no one at Mozilla seems to really care.
            (disclaimer: I work for Mozilla)

Actually we do care and we're actively working on KDE integration, you can follow the progress in this bug: Integrate Mozilla with KDE

It's been moving slowly in the past mostly because we lacked the resources to cover it but now we're getting some help from KDE/OpenSUSE folks which should speed up the process a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
              Rendering engines are only a 1/3 of the equation. Usually Javascript is the problem, for instance this very forum I've been completely unable to log in under alternative browsers, and plenty of other sites are just broken, doing things like not loading the backgrounds and giving me what appears to be the mobile version of the site, and so on. I've had issues with Anandtech not rendering at all if I turn on adblock in Rekonq. Sometimes links will open into a totally empty tab which will never load, particularly google with the way it's using a referrer as opposed to direct link nowadays so that they can track you better, etc. If you want to see what I mean please do try running a few weeks with an alternative browser, I really do want to switch but errors with sites I visit (like this one) keep forcing me back.

Also modern versions of Opera don't count anymore since they're now just a redistribution of chrome, sure you can use the old presto based opera but for how long?
              Mobile detection is based on the user agent - per-site UA spoofing and voila, you get the version you want. I usually prefer the mobile versions, they load so much faster and with less clutter (seriously, try twitter vs mobile.twitter.com - one loads in 0.5s, the other in ten seconds with awful JS cpu usage).

Anandtech has some adblock detecting code, IIRC.

(speaking as someone who will run a few weeks with an alternate browser as soon as a gcc bug is solved)

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
                Teenagers also hit each other in the balls, grab girls boobies and spit on each other. Their mental capacity to understand privacy and human decency is given a pass, until they reach maturity.
                Given a pass by whom? I don't give a pass to someone just because they're young. There are some smart teenagers, there are also some really fucking idiot adults.

Teens (and children) mostly take their cues from adults. If the adults in their life act like bigoted pricks, then the teens will also act like bigoted pricks. It's however still possible to teach them to think and behave properly.

The point is, you got to start teaching them while they're still young and impressionable. The older they get, the harder it is to unlearnd prejudices and other idiocies.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke View Post
                  Still, do NOT lump all 16 year olds (all teenagers, whatever) together as homophobes! When I was 16 I had known I was Bi for half a decade!
                  That's nice, it took me until I was 16 to figure out that I'm gay.

And notice that I made a statement about 16 year old idiots. Since you were not a homophobe when you were 16 years old, chances are you weren't an idiot either. So my statement still holds true, unless you can prove that you, indeed, were an idiot when you were 16 years old. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                    Anandtech has some adblock detecting code, IIRC.
                    Ah well if they do it doesn't effect ghostery or adblock plus in chromium or firefox.

Comment

Well, when we start firing people for their beliefs and personal stuff,
                      we're not so far from 1984. Actually gay bashing and gay people getting
                      fired just because they were gay is what started it all. No one should
                      get fired for their private, personal choices and/or beliefs. Gay people
                      temselves should support that position more than anyone else, I think.

However, if I were fired for privately supporting my beliefs, I'd say
                      good riddance - wouldn't want to work for them in the first place

Comment

Working...
                      X