No announcement yet.

The GNOME Foundation Is Running Short On Money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No doubt someone will call me troll or sexist, but I just have to post this link.

Comment

Originally posted by brosis View Post
      Laundering the money (gay lesbians? =woman? and coding? how about a program to import impotent arabs for coding purposes?) and claiming to be short on it. Not listening its users, building controverse technologies in its roots, employing a moron mole who called Linux hopeless. GNOME is the last thing I want to donate to. And its damn shame what the project has become. At least xfce, mate, e, kde, lxqt are going strong.
      exactly, I donate to bill gates rather than gnome. Gnome devs doesn't listen the users, don't repair the bugs reported in bugzilla ant they have a political groups inside, that I don't like.

Comment

Originally posted by dee. View Post
        Well, that's the thing about sexism. It's not like there's some kind of evil conspiracy of hooded people working in the shadows to keep women in the kitchen. Or, well... there might be, but that's beside the point.

The real problem is the attitudes, the things that people just know because "everybody knows they're true" and never think to question. The real problem is the lack of critical thinking skills, the fear of admitting your ignorance, the fear of accepting new ideas... it's like, sexist ideas are encoded into our culture, the countless small things that form the basis for a lot of our habits, customs, behaviours, beliefs...

And here's the interesting part - women aren't immune to sexism, either. You don't have to look very far to find women who adamantly insist that a woman should be a housewife and subservient to men. That's called internalized sexism, by the way.

And it's the same thing with every other kind of discrimination and prejudice. Small-minded parents, who never learned critical thinking skills from their own parents, accept all the prejudices and fears of their parents, and in turn pass these prejudices and fears to their own children who never question them because they also never get taught critical thinking skills. Racism, homophobia... it's all just a huge circle of stupidity, spanning over generations... and you can see the latest fruit of that process in people like "moilami". It's these mollycoddled little mama's boys who can't fathom the idea that the world doesn't revolve around them... these manchild neckbeards to whom the very notion that the world isn't made for their needs is alien and scary... they're the root of the problem. Selfishness, entitlement, lack of education and the inability to see things from another person's perspective...

And of course, people become butthurt. If someone has spent their entire life thinking the world is flat, if the people who raised them have taught them all their life that the world is flat - of course they don't want to question that. Of course they become angry and defensive when someone suggests that maybe the world isn't flat.

yes, this is a judeo-masonic-conspiracy. GET A LIFE.

Comment

Originally posted by pandev92 View Post
          yes, this is a judeo-masonic-conspiracy. GET A LIFE.
          Aww, did the little neckbeard get his fee-fees hurt? Don't worry, I'm sure your mom will soon show up to wipe your tears and change your diapers...

Comment

Aww, did the little neckbeard get his fee-fees hurt? Don't worry, I'm sure your mom will soon show up to wipe your tears and change your diapers...

go away, commie moron.

Comment

Is it possible to have a non-idiotic discussion about anything on here?

Getting women involved in the community and technology is obviously important and should be supported. Free Software is not just about shit other people give you for free, it's about a community and a small core of shared values. It is about providing everybody with open and free platforms in an age where most of our lives are becoming digital. And it is about sharing. You cannot exclude half the population from this, nor should you.

Whether the GNOME foundation handled this in the best way is another question. Personally, I don't think that this is the biggest problem they have as a project.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                Is it possible to have a non-idiotic discussion about anything on here?

Getting women involved in the community and technology is obviously important and should be supported. Free Software is not just about shit other people give you for free, it's about a community and a small core of shared values. It is about providing everybody with open and free platforms in an age where most of our lives are becoming digital. And it is about sharing. You cannot exclude half the population from this, nor should you.

Whether the GNOME foundation handled this in the best way is another question. Personally, I don't think that this is the biggest problem they have as a project.
                I want good software for free, politichal and etical things, doesn't matter. I don't give my money to gnome crap foundatoin.

Comment

Originally posted by kigurai View Post
                  Absolutely. And I think that is the kind of sexism that we should try to target. First of all because I think it is the most widespread, and second because these individuals probably don't have bad intentions. Tjey just haven't realized that there is a problem or that they are part of it.
                  The more direct hateful kind (this thread makes a nice 8 page example) are harder to reach. I think the only thing that can change their behaviour is if the rest of us make it clear that gender-inequality and sexism is not funny and not accepted.
                  I feel your writing is passive-aggressive

Comment

Well, that's the thing about sexism. It's not like there's some kind of evil conspiracy of hooded people working in the shadows to keep women in the kitchen. Or, well... there might be, but that's beside the point.

The real problem is the attitudes, the things that people just know because "everybody knows they're true" and never think to question. The real problem is the lack of critical thinking skills, the fear of admitting your ignorance, the fear of accepting new ideas... it's like, sexist ideas are encoded into our culture, the countless small things that form the basis for a lot of our habits, customs, behaviours, beliefs...

And here's the interesting part - women aren't immune to sexism, either. You don't have to look very far to find women who adamantly insist that a woman should be a housewife and subservient to men. That's called internalized sexism, by the way.

And it's the same thing with every other kind of discrimination and prejudice. Small-minded parents, who never learned critical thinking skills from their own parents, accept all the prejudices and fears of their parents, and in turn pass these prejudices and fears to their own children who never question them because they also never get taught critical thinking skills. Racism, homophobia... it's all just a huge circle of stupidity, spanning over generations... and you can see the latest fruit of that process in people like "moilami". It's these mollycoddled little mama's boys who can't fathom the idea that the world doesn't revolve around them... these manchild neckbeards to whom the very notion that the world isn't made for their needs is alien and scary... they're the root of the problem. Selfishness, entitlement, lack of education and the inability to see things from another person's perspective...

And of course, people become butthurt. If someone has spent their entire life thinking the world is flat, if the people who raised them have taught them all their life that the world is flat - of course they don't want to question that. Of course they become angry and defensive when someone suggests that maybe the world isn't flat.
                    Hahahaha, this was so very funny that I approve what you wrote. However, objectively speaking your writing was openly aggressive and paranoid.

I can tell you that I earned voluntarily and without anyone directing or suggesting me to do so money for my toys when I was below school age by doing favors to neighbours. At age about 10 I opened my own flea shop. At age 12 I begat my first real job as a hired person. At 14 I travelled with my friend, who was not my momma, abroad with money earned as hired personnel. I bought tons of computer games and stuff with money earned myself. At age 16 I was accepted to college with special admission to study chemistry. At 18 I started a very succesfull private enterneuship.

I have seen more life than you can maybe even imagine of. I have educated myself at college/university level for years studying very wide range of subjects from "women studies" to discrete mathematics. I have two kids, I have a great home, I can do what I want, and I am happy of my life. I am not your average Joe who you can target with whatever crap propaganda.

I always find it very funny when people imagine they know all kind of things of someone because they did read something he has written lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by moilami View Post
                      Hahahaha, this was so very funny that I approve what you wrote. However, objectively speaking your writing was openly aggressive and paranoid.

I can tell you that I earned voluntarily and without anyone directing or suggesting me to do so money for my toys when I was below school age by doing favors to neighbours. At age about 10 I opened my own flea shop. At age 12 I begat my first real job as a hired person. At 14 I travelled with my friend, who was not my momma, abroad with money earned as hired personnel. I bought tons of computer games and stuff with money earned myself. At age 16 I was accepted to college with special admission to study chemistry. At 18 I started a very succesfull private enterneuship.

I have seen more life than you can maybe even imagine of. I have educated myself at college/university level for years studying very wide range of subjects from "women studies" to discrete mathematics. I have two kids, I have a great home, I can do what I want, and I am happy of my life. I am not your average Joe who you can target with whatever crap propaganda.

I always find it very funny when people imagine they know all kind of things of someone because they did read something he has written lol.
                      Edit: I can tell you a few tips how to be successful in life:

1) be a good human

2) earn your stuff by yourself

3) do what you want.

It is simple as that.

Comment

Working...
                      X