The GNOME Foundation Is Running Short On Money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moilami View Post
    Rofl that minority & benefits is a great idea, even though I say it. A concept of It used to be in some games where you could give "compensation" benefits for the less skilled player. It worked good in a way to make the game harder for the better and easier for the worse player.

Anyway, that should be put, at first, into olympics. Or who can say with a honest straight face olympics aren't rascists, nationalist and opressive man boons?

So, new "accessible, outreaching, and fair" olympics is needed. Those who are not as fast as others will get benefit of starting running earlier than the betters or they would have to run less than betters. After that anyone could be a winner and so very special
    when first responding I did not realize the most obvious point: have you heard about weight, age and sex categories in competitive sport?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
      Yes, how dare they try to convince women that they are actually welcome in the community. /sarcasm
      gender should not matter, at least if you try preaching equality. for joining, invitations or financing. otherwise, how does it sounds when some join for free and some only join when they are payed? and do please enlighten me. why would there be the need for extra invitations?

personally, i'm yet to see one IT place where women would be treated differently based on gender. on code, yes. on gender? no

Comment

Originally posted by erendorn View Post
        when first responding I did not realize the most obvious point: have you heard about weight, age and sex categories in competitive sport?
        Yeah, those are, naturally, needed because IRL peeps are not equally competitive for whatever reasons. However, they are doing it wrong currently. Or how you can explain women compete of different medals than men? The new really outreaching, equal, and fair olympics allows anyone to compete of the same medals because it is just so wrong, separating, discrinimating, unfair, unjust inequal etc. etc. if you can't compete of the same medals as a minority.

Anyone should get a chance to get the same medal as anyone else for the same sports, and the fair share of world wide TV time. That's why things must change. Welcome to the circus, eh, uh, New Olympics I meant. And this is just the beginning. After olympics the politics should be the next. You could get handicap votes if you are in a minority. Everyone must have the exactly the same change of winning or access to anywhere.

Comment

Picked the wrong example, Olympics do work like that. If you are in a country that has a lower level in a sport, you have better chances of being selected to participate.
          Remember the Olympic athletes that can barely swim? Or Rasta Rocket? Well, here is your outreaching.

Also, well, the first example was not that good either.
          Alright then, how about this: make a law which says that if someone is more productive than someone else, then his salary must be decreased and the salary of less productive must be increased untill they get the same salary. We think that encourages people to be equal, and the world would become a better place if everyone would be equal

Comment

Alright then, how about this: make a law which says that if someone is more productive than someone else, then his salary must be decreased and the salary of less productive must be increased untill they get the same salary. We think that encourages people to be equal, and the world would become a better place if everyone would be equal
            Yup, but that's not what's done in the Olympics, and more importantly that's not what outreaching is about.
            Please note, though, that every single decent country in the world decreases the salary of the most productive and increases the salary of the least productive, even if it is never to the point of total income equality. Some maybe, just maybe, there is some sense in doing that at least a bit.

Comment

Yup, but that's not what's done in the Olympics, and more importantly that's not what outreaching is about.
              Please note, though, that every single decent country in the world decreases the salary of the most productive and increases the salary of the least productive, even if it is never to the point of total income equality. Some maybe, just maybe, there is some sense in doing that at least a bit.
              Well dunno. No matter, I had surprisingly good time in trying E17. Will have to experience it more, and maybe even become a gnome basher later on

Comment

Donate or don't donate. The GNOME Project has shown an innate propensity for hanging itself regardless of the length of rope. This really isn't about specific pet projects so much as it is about a perceived overarching organizational culture which inspires little, if any, confidence. Even if it makes for a petty public display, the voices it met with deafened ear if not open hostility before are now free to return the favor, and unfortunately all organizational issues (development, administration, etc) become conflated in the shitstorm.

Comment

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post
                  personally, i'm yet to see one IT place where women would be treated differently based on gender. on code, yes. on gender? no
                  Doh?! Here's the most recent (march) story that has gone mainstream. Just to give a sense of the scale: it's about one of the most visible devs over at one of the most visible startups, and the linked article is from one of the leading IT online sites.

Comment

Originally posted by quasipedia View Post
                    Doh?! Here's the most recent (march) story that has gone mainstream. Just to give a sense of the scale: it's about one of the most visible devs over at one of the most visible startups, and the linked article is from one of the leading IT online sites.
                    What we learned of that story: prepare for additional drama if you hire a woman.

What is good to keep in mind: everything you read from a magazine is not true.

I found it particularly suspicious that the wife of the boss would had talked at some employee things what she talked. I simply can't believe she would had talked them. Does not make any sense at all.

Comment

What we learned of that story: prepare for additional drama if you hire a woman.
                      A sexist comment. Why am I not surprised?

Comment

Working...
                      X