Microsoft Ending Support For Windows Subsystem For Android

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ezst036 View Post
    Now we know what happens when EEE fails.
    I fail to see how this is "EEE". AOSP is open for everyone, this is Microsoft discontinuing a feature of Windows 11, this is not Google or an Android vendor preventing Microsoft from using the AOSP code... or from shipping WSA on Windows.

Oh, I get it now, I see "Microsoft" in the headline, and I must comment on whatever first anti-Microsoft nonsense that comes to mind. Brilliant.​

Comment

Originally posted by alexvoda View Post
      Really disappointed to see it abandoned. It is perfect for running AntennaPod and NewPipe and a few other Android only apps and I'll continue using it for that until it is gone.
      You can try Google Play Games, IIRC people got sideload working on it, Or you can run Qemu + BlissOS or Hyper-v + BlissOS​. I plan on updating bliss OS' docs for qemu soon if you run into any issues should you try it, qemu setup on windows is slightly different, I've been putting off updating them since qemu has had some massive feature changes lately... And I have a bad procrastination issue.

Originally posted by edxposed View Post
      BS and HPE only have Android 11. WSA is the only source of Android 13 libhoudini acquisition, and since WSA is EOL, Android 14 libhoudini is no longer a possibility, which means that all emulators are locked to Android 13 and lower unless willing to drop Arm support.
      I may be wrong but iirc GPG supports houdini so we will be able to rip from them when they upgrade, and we can rip from intel chromebooks too. "HPE" is a feature flag and works on A12/A13.

Originally posted by mikelpr View Post
      unfortunately you can't just pop any stock GSI image into it and is stuck on android 11
      Higher android versions are coming, a few unofficial builds if you want to join the telegram​. I think we have an A13 build floating around there. Still pretty alpha stuff, a lot of things changed so it's still very much a WIP​

Comment

Originally posted by juxuanu View Post
        Meanwhile Waydroid is splendid.
        BTW, try redroid (remote-android) if want a headless / server side scale deployment.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
          I may be wrong but iirc GPG supports houdini so we will be able to rip from them when they upgrade, and we can rip from intel chromebooks too. "HPE" is a feature flag and works on A12/A13.
          HPE is development codename for Google Play Games. Unfortunately, HPE doesn't have libhoudini, you can confirm this with the developer emulator.
          As for CrOS, Google hasn't been very active in Android upgrades, and so far only has Android 11.

Comment

Unfortunately, HPE doesn't have libhoudini, you can confirm this with the developer emulator.
            As for CrOS, Google hasn't been very active in Android upgrades, and so far only has Android 11.
            I have no idea what you are talking about. Firstly, Google Play Games has arm emulation support. I have ripped it before, and on the developer start page they say https://developer.android.com/games/playgames/start

ARM binaries
            Google has partnered with Intel to enable ARM-based games on Intel-based PCs using Intel Bridge Technology. This means that after your mobile game has met the playability requirements it can be distributed on Google Play Games on PC to Intel-based PCs.​
            CrOS started rolling out A13 with ver 117, afaik its still fairly rare, but they are out there https://chromeos.dev/en/posts/chrome...ut-to-chromeos

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
              I have no idea what you are talking about. Firstly, Google Play Games has arm emulation support. I have ripped it before, and on the developer start page they say https://developer.android.com/games/playgames/start
              However, HPE_Dev doesn't actually have libhoudini. there is also no way to confirm that HPE has libhoudini, even if it does, it can't extract it because adb doesn't work.

Comment

However, HPE_Dev doesn't actually have libhoudini. there is also no way to confirm that HPE has libhoudini, even if it does, it can't extract it because adb doesn't work.
                forwarded;
                Contribute to supremegamers/vendor_intel_proprietary_houdini development by creating an account on GitHub.

On developer build of HPE, you must using a Intel CPU in order to use libhoudini. It have flag in the host VM software to check

Comment

If the first I hear of a product is it being cancelled, probably a good sign it sucked somehow (and they knew it) Gotta say I do like the idea of an easy way to play Android apps on desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by Digital Spaceport View Post
                    If the first I hear of a product is it being cancelled, probably a good sign it sucked somehow (and they knew it) Gotta say I do like the idea of an easy way to play Android apps on desktop.
                    I currently reccomend google play games since it has most of what people need, but for amd folk you can use WSA+Waydroid or Qemu + Bliss OS for emulators if you want to keep with foss stacks. though WSA isnt really foss, the OS they run ofc are

Comment

Working...
                    X