Linux 6.7 MMC To See Up To 4~5% Better 4K Random Write Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 6.7 MMC To See Up To 4~5% Better 4K Random Write Performance

Phoronix: Linux 6.7 MMC To See Up To 4~5% Better 4K Random Write Performance

The MMC memory card updates for the Linux 6.7 kernel have been submitted for Linux 6.7 that includes new hardware support as well as a core MMC optimization to enhance the performance in some scenarios...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

My ChromeBook will be grateful for this!

Comment

Originally posted by kylew77 View Post
      My ChromeBook will be grateful for this!
      I still use, periodically, a lenovo N22, and my main "laptop" is a chuwi hi10x tablet. well at least my chromebook will be happy too

Comment

Raspberry Pi goes BRRRRR

Comment

What is MMC?

~500 words within these articles, not one mention of the full standard name for readers' reference.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerx View Post
            What is MMC?

~500 words within these articles, not one mention of the full standard name for readers' reference.
            its a storage technology, it's about the actual chips and how to interact with them. it's different from ssd nand

Comment

Originally posted by rogerx View Post
              What is MMC?
              Multi Media Card.

The ones being talked about here are eMMC, I think (just add "embedded" on the front)...

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post
                Multi Media Card.

The ones being talked about here are eMMC, I think (just add "embedded" on the front)...
                it's talking about the entire mmc subsystem, meaning MMC cards, SD cards, emmc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

its a storage technology, it's about the actual chips and how to interact with them. it's different from ssd nand
                  Yup. Noticed some recurring mention within my system logs (I think) about MMC, although I have no MMC devices that I know of.

Regardless, tend quickly enjoying reading the Linux related articles, keeping apprised/updated on Linux code development. However, quite difficult when the authors continually fail mentioning, at least once, the complete formal name of acronyms, relying explicitly upon acronyms.

And gotta love it, when the acronym cross references something more infamously popular, such as Microsoft's software MMC! Internet search engines will continually fail referencing the correct item discussed!

Forgot to mention, thank you for your time responding!

Comment

Working...
                  X