Red Hat Begins Cutting "Hundreds Of Jobs"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dremon_nl View Post
    "All of this" pretty much applies only to US, the rest of the world got rid of it and moved on to universal health care. Contrary to popular belief there is a habitable zone between North Korea and the U.S. of fucking A.
    He wrote "benefits, bonuses, pensions, health insurance, raises, seniority, and more". Universal health care has nothing to do with all but one of those. He was using marxist rhetoric, which if followed, produces societies like North Korea.
    Last edited by ryao; 25 April 2023, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post

i strongly doubt they'd be all volunteers at Debian. unless you can prove otherwise
      I'm not the one asserting things which are untrue and go against what should be common knowledge to most folks who spend time on sites like Phoronix. Debian is a volunteer project. Hell, the very first sentence of their own introduction to the project is "The Debian Project is a worldwide group of volunteers who endeavor to produce an operating system distribution that is composed entirely of free software.​"

One last time. They can't be laid off because they aren't employed by the project. Stop spouting nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
        That's too bad, I guess the whole systemd department will be gone and they'll be returning to sysvinit then.
        There is no "anything" department for Linux outside the Linux kernel. Be thankful for what you have.

Comment

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
          If they're looking for people to cut, they might want to start here: https://www.redhat.com/en/about/our-...uity-inclusion
          I -dread-, absolutely dread when I see DEI promotion on any company's website. It is almost a certain sign of a s**t storm coming on. Don't believe me? Keep track of things and find out for yourself.

Comment

With those cuts, should we start to call it RedCap now?

Comment

Working...
            X