Btrfs Receives A Very Important Last Minute Fix For Linux 6.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by niner View Post

Then they have finally fixed that. I have actually lost data to that, as have friends. So good riddance to that abysmal UI problem!

Still won't win me back over. Too happy with btrfs which doesn't suffer from the other problem I mentioned (and also not from severe performance degradation once you have a hand full of snapshots)
    I have nothing against Btrfs, it as its advantages and issues, just wanted to say LVM is not as bad as you said.

Comment

Originally posted by ALRBP View Post
      You can do a lot of harm with a simple rm, mv or cp and messed-up arguments.
      That said, MDADM\LVM\XFS is the choice of trust ; not Btrfs.
      I tried that combination in the past as well as the alternative with ext4 in place of XFS, but it did not work well for me when a QEMU guest ran on top. Throughput was limited to 20MBps with raid 6 on my 6x 2TB disks. Then I tried ZFSOnLinux and got 220MB/sec. ZFSOnLinux was still not considered production ready at the time, but I thought I could fix it, so I got involved with development and the rest is history.

Comment

Originally posted by Rallos Zek View Post

Don't be so negative towards ZFS
        He was talking about btrfs, not ZFS. You changed his quote.

Anyway, ZFSOnLinux has been robust for a decade. I am one of the people that made it that way.

Comment

Working...
        X