Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    But not bare-metal.
    Not just not on bare mental. On the wrong hypervisor for most hosting solutions so will have the wrong performance shape as well.

Comment

Originally posted by oiaohm View Post

Not just not on bare mental. On the wrong hypervisor for most hosting solutions so will have the wrong performance shape as well.
      When I read your post and saw "bare mental", I almost thought you said "hospital solutions"...

I don't get what you mean though...

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        When I read your post and saw "bare mental", I almost thought you said "hospital solutions"...

I don't get what you mean though...
        AWS use Linux kernel KVM for hypervisor same with most of the other providers these days it taken over from Xen, Azure you have hyper-v but its a different

Fun right hyper-v without a windows instance controlling the bare metal hardware. Yes Xen also has Linux controlling bare metal.

The result of this it does not matter the hosting provider you got to the that a virtual machine the bare metal hardware control under the virtual machine is a Linux kernel not a Windows one.

Does not matter what server provider to the wsl environment is wrong to provide valid performance optimisation. Kind of explains why different parties will VM Windows instead.

WSL2 on Windows 10 is really about keeping hyper-v with a bare metal usage of windows that it basically was going to lose a Azure. Microsoft has been slow but surely losing the server space to Linux in bare metal hardware control even in their own provided service. The desktop is really coming Microsoft windows last hold out of bare metal control.

Comment

Originally posted by JPFSanders View Post

They are trying to stop developer exodus.

Their intentions with anything they do aren't good for anybody but Microsoft.

Microsoft only cares about Microsoft, only loves Microsoft.

The Extinguish phase will happen if the Linux ecosystem begins to treat the WSL as if it is part of the family and facilitate its extension in a single direction (Microsoft's)

I hope clear older minds will prevail.
          I hope young minds prevail. I get the feeling the older minds are still living in the past never wanting to admit the war with Windows is over.

<tinFoilHat>
          Was the beginning of the end when IBM embraced the Penguin in the enterprise?

Was the final nail in the coffin when Eric Schmidt pulled a fast one on Steve Jobs only to spread the Penguin seed far and wide in the mobile market?

It left Monkey Boy keyed-up in his sweat-stained shirts screaming "developers! developers! developers!" clueless about the Schmidt-Jobs mobile takeover plot and out of the loop in Redmond. Poor Ballmer. He's been relegated to owning the Clippers. Bwwaahahaha! ...and no, I do not want to hear it from the Clippers fans if you happen to breakthrough and win a title this year. Wake me up when the winning culture is permanent. But I digress...

Meanwhile Tim Apple is executing supply chain magic and outbidding everyone for TSMC capacity causing global manufacturing shutdowns to further the dominance of {dramaticMusic: dun dun dun}... XNU! [Gasp!] Yes, that is right. Older minds do not even realize the eggs in all Penguins' nests have been replaced by heavily modified Mach kernels with a side of M1 chips. Walled-garden of eden? Sure. Many are seduced by the forbidden fruit.

Keep worrying about Windows while the devil is under your nose smelling like a rose, er Rose Gold.
          The end of Linux is nigh!
          </tinFoilHat>

sigh
          Last edited by slightEdge; 25 April 2021, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X