Raspberry Pi Foundation adding Microsoft repos behind user backs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry Pi Foundation adding Microsoft repos behind user backs

Hi guys this is offtop but thought you should know as many people are running Raspberry with default OS, it's very important.

Raspberry Pis running official Raspberry Pi OS are compromised with Microsoft repository added without users consent, with Microsoft signing GPG key installed in without users knowing. No changelog, nothing, no package to install, repo added via echo in postinstall script. Totally shady and malicious behaviour. Pi Foundation has sold their asses to Microsoft ❗️

Today it came to light that a Microsoft signing key and repo was quietly added to Raspberry Pi OS. Today I confirmed this silent change on a production Raspb...

And further read

The Raspberry Pi OS (formerly Raspbian) has been around for several years, but a recent update is pushing some users away.

I wish the repositories were controlled by Pi themselves instead of Microsoft....

And why not VSCodium? Who wants to be tracked through an IDE?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      I wish the repositories were controlled by Pi themselves instead of Microsoft....

And why not VSCodium? Who wants to be tracked through an IDE?
      Certainly not me. I deleted that repo, deleted GPG key, on every Pi running in my house. Also blacklisted microsoft domain on my home DNS server. I will be migrating to clean Debian. F**k Raspberry OS and their shady paid deals with Microsoft.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow

Microsoft - "Spying on the trainee because we are so darn worried he/she will outsmart and control us!"
        You tried to by funny but failed.

Comment

Originally posted by piorunz View Post

You tried to by funny but failed.
          I did not even mean to be.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

I did not even mean to be.
            Then your post has no purpose, as it doesn't make any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by piorunz View Post

Then your post has no purpose, as it doesn't make any sense.
              I never make good posts. :l

What I meant is that I feel Microsoft fears that independent developers might put them out of the business market (even though this is near impossible), so they try to track everyone...

Comment

Working...
              X