Phoronix load time poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix load time poll

Phoronix page load time seems to be slow for me, with up to 10-second wait times every 10 minutes or so.

How fast does Phoronix load for you?
    Usually instant
    25.00%
    Instant most of the time
    12.50%
    One second
    12.50%
    Slow (more than one second), and every once in a while it takes more than 10 seconds to load
    37.50%
    Instant, but sometimes it takes more than 10 seconds
    12.50%

Depending on the outcome may try without CloudFlare again.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Depending on the outcome may try without CloudFlare again.
      Yep, exactly. Don't do that now though until there are enough voters...

Comment

It seems to depend for me. It's usually about a second or so, but every so often it'll load blink-and-you-miss-it fast, and occasionally it'll sit and think about it for a while. That last one seems to happen more on wifi than hardline, but I can't draw too much from that as the only thing I use with wifi is a Windows laptop so that might be partially OS related.

Comment

Hey tildearrow right now cloudflare is off, is the site loading any better?
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Hey tildearrow right now cloudflare is off, is the site loading any better?
            Hmmmm....

Phoronix load time appears to be volatile, but most of the time it seems to be less than one second now... (sometimes still one second but then the page loads in a burst)
            I got one article to load pretty much as soon as I clicked it! o-o

Forum operations are now instant (maybe because it can keep the connection alive), but I would have to wait 10 minutes to battle-test it (since with Cloudflare, Phoronix would freeze for 10 seconds at every 10 minute interval).

Comment

Apparently one user reported that Cloudflare is faster:

Originally posted by ossuser View Post
              Recently I noticed the Phoronix website became less responsive for me.
              This appears to be a Cloudflare issue that may be as well restricted to my country, but am not sure...

Comment

Much snappier for me now across hardline and wifi. Although I'll admit I've not browsed around extensively yet.

Comment

I'm not sure how to vote up there since there is no "Fast unless the MITM is messed up". Most of the time Phoronix loads really fast, but, occasionally, it'll take longer than expected and I assume that it's Cloudflare, maybe uMatrix script blocker, holding something up. I go through the Cloudflare in Dallas for here and a lot of other sites and when Phoronix is iffy, random other places tend to be too.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                    I'm not sure how to vote up there since there is no "Fast unless the MITM is messed up". Most of the time Phoronix loads really fast, but, occasionally, it'll take longer than expected and I assume that it's Cloudflare, maybe uMatrix script blocker, holding something up. I go through the Cloudflare in Dallas for here and a lot of other sites and when Phoronix is iffy, random other places tend to be too.
                    Added a poll option for that.

Comment

Working...
                    X