Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Latency-Reducing Optimizations for Linux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

Another wall of bullshit from you.

The bottom line fact is that using wayland feels terrible. If -anybody- doesn't believe that then all they have to do is fire up a DE in a wayland session for themselves. In my own testing wayland is a horrible user experience, definitely -THE- worst user experience of any modern OS by far.

You can waste your time benchmarking your camera all you want, but while you're doing that input lag on wayland is still so terrible it's horribly unusable.
    May I ask on which system you have tested it? I for me used Wayland on gnome wiht Clear Linux iGPU 630 it was allwys snappier and smoother on gnome over wayland. If you have Nvidia you really might experience a worse situation because their drivers are optimised for X11 - one might imply at this point they dont really care about wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

May I ask on which system you have tested it? I for me used Wayland on gnome wiht Clear Linux iGPU 630 it was allwys snappier and smoother on gnome over wayland. If you have Nvidia you really might experience a worse situation because their drivers are optimised for X11 - one might imply at this point they dont really care about wayland.
      I don't see anyone serious about snappiness or latency using gnome...

Comment

Working...
      X