Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rabcor
    replied
    Wait what? FSF without Richard Stallman isn't gonna be much of an FSF... It's just gonna be a mouthpiece for the political left. I guess that was the goal all along for forcing his resignation tho wasn't it? Fuck...

Leave a comment:

• sthalik
    replied
    The issue is taking millenials seriously. Opinions ought only be taken into consideration if voiced by a non-millenial.
    Last edited by sthalik; 21 September 2019, 10:55 AM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• fuzz
    replied
    Originally posted by AdamOne View Post
    Very weird that old guys sit around at begin to question: is rape really rape?
    You're right, society deems philosophy as unimportant. Because why would we question things?

Leave a comment:

• AdamOne
    replied
    Very weird that old guys sit around at begin to question: is rape really rape? Its commonly known in sociology that some men, as they age become a bit more deviant. Some behaviors may include a sexual interest in young men. Less commonly seen in men who have a fulfilling and established family-life.
    Last edited by AdamOne; 20 September 2019, 05:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• leipero
    replied
    Late to the party. First of all, this is really sad, after reading most of the posts here it's clear that this is the most ridicilous thing to get person fired of (as MIT guest speaker) and to be resigned for (FSF). Commenting VICE 'news' would be way too much, that's the media that propagates abuse of drugs (not just marijuana), their 'coverage' of world events is..., to put it nicely disgraceful, and most of their 'journalists' (who do not have 'j' from 'journalists') are biased lying scum from what I saw. It's fair to say that I do not watch/read that for years, so even if something changed (I doubt, considering who is the owner...), I wouldn't know. But they have done enough damage in their short existance already.

But let's assume Richard Stalman DID actually defended Epstein, and let's assume that (now late) man I will not use his name because it's not nice did not reject that 17 years old girl, and let's assume that RS said that girl was 'willing'. Ok, so what? It would be 'unpopular opinion' and that's where it ends.

I did not follow unfolding of Epstein case, last I've heard he 'commited suicide', but to my understanding (that could be wrong) he was mostly 'employing' girls of 15 years of age or older in his 'massage island'. Now call me dumb, but if someone travels with some person all over the place, while having literally unlimited number of chances to 'escape' even if that someone is 17 years old, it would be hard to convince me that person was 'abused'.

What I do find most disgusting in this whole situation is not the behaviour of Epstein, Stalman (who wasn't guilty of anything) or even VICE 'reporting', but it is the fact that people are so hypocritical and acting surprised and innocent that's beyond the joke. It looks to me like 'guilt projection'.

Leave a comment:

• jjkk
    replied
    Originally posted by ossuser View Post
    And again I ask myself (with the same tinfoil hat senses tingling as starshipeleven) WHO BENEFITS ? (from having RMS out of the way) https://itsfoss.com/richard-stallman-controversy/
    The free software movement draws strength from an environment that is collaborative, inclusive and respectful. Diverse groups of people from all walks of life and nationalities come together and use their strengths and life experiences to contribute, share ideas, challenge the status quo, and improve technology for all.

"Diverse groups of people".. Ok.

Leave a comment:

• Danielsan
    replied
    Oh man...

Even if he is a genius sometimes happens that even the genius had better to avoid certain topics...
    For more than 20 years a lot of people have tried to crash him down and now he did such miraculous assist for his detractors that not even them can believe it.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by dreich View Post
    SJWs started taking control of the kernel,
    Sadly, this is the case for most companies in 2019. My country even has a semi-feminist supermarket, which has changed its colors to pink, red and yellow this year.
    On every ad they release there SHALL be a woman at the beginning, and sometimes the way they announce a discount makes me think these discounts don't apply to male people...
    And even worse, this year they got rid of almost all male staff, with the cashiers being 99% female. And this actually didn't fare well for them. The new cashiers are inefficient, slow and somehow manage to take 20 minutes for a small 5-6 people queue. And this isn't in the normal checkout lane, no, this is on the fast lane!

Leave a comment:

• audir8
    replied
    I was glad to see this from the SF Conservancy: https://sfconservancy.org/news/2019/...-speak-for-us/ The GPL might survive this yet. I like CC-BY-SA (NC) 4.0 too, if they had a version for software.

To read about how many people he might have pushed out, or discouraged, should be lesson enough to encourage diversity initiatives and to have things like a CoC, because they would help more than hurt open source. Hopefully the FSF comes around to seeing it the way pretty much everyone who is rational does.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by ZeroPointEnergy View Post
    Maybe someone should say this just so it is said: To call it "rape" when a couple of 17 and 19 have sex together is not only completely moronic [...]
    I was merely stating the facts, but I don't disagree with this statement.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X