Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aht0
    replied
    Just add prefix 'Allah-' to potentially offensive names. And no PC activist dares make any fuss about it..

Leave a comment:

• onicsis
    replied
    Why not just rename instead of remove
    Debian's Anti-Harassment Team Is Renaiming A Package Over Its Name

Leave a comment:

• Brutalix
    replied
    Originally posted by andreano View Post
    Language quiz: In which language are these words childish/offensive?

* ash
    * bash
    * prompt
    * spreadsheet
    * clean sheet
    * spy
    * dust

If you understood this, you probably had a latticeā€¦
    Well in South-Norway the pronunciation sounds childish. but none are offensive. Lattice? you mean like a strawberry-rhubarb pie lattice? It's not the season for those here in Norway.

Kind regards
    B.

Leave a comment:

• teresaejunior
    replied
    [deleted]
    Last edited by teresaejunior; 08 November 2020, 09:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• waxhead
    replied
    Well, Debian already have the main, contrib and non-free repos, I guess it's just a matter of adding non-oversensitive to the mix where all those "horrible" named packages can live

Leave a comment:

• dkasak
    replied
    Originally posted by rmoog View Post
    Then what are you doing here? Waiting for someone to let you know you can delete your account?
    That's not how things work at all ... though I know the incels would prefer it if everybody else just disappeared and let them 'shine'. Hehe Surely, if there's enough room for all the trolls and incels and new-age fascists, there's also enough room for some well-balanced people to also be here. I hope that doesn't make you too uncomfortable ...

Leave a comment:

• lucrus
    replied
    Originally posted by chilinux View Post
    To everyone that is upset with Debian team, please actually look at the weboob.org website.
    I've done just that, just now, after your suggestion. Weboob is actually a nice collection of scripts I didn't know about, and I think it's quite useful. Childish naming? Granted. Offensive? Only if you are a bigot. It's not like they included a script named FsckTheNigger, but, even then, being offensive or not depends on the context. Installing Weboob is opt-in just the same as installing fortunes-off.

If you really feel an application suite which includes "QHandjoob" is completely professional
    Please point us to the DFSG paragraph, or CoC paragraph, or whatever, that requires applications to be completely professional in order to be included in Debian. There are dozens of apps that aren't professional at all, and yet are included, and we're glad they are. What about xbill? Isn't the whole game a violence incitement against Bill Gates? No, it's a plain joke. The same goes for Weboob, except that is also a useful one.

then please contact Red Hat and Canonical to get it added to their distributions. Debian is not the only distributor
    Who gives a fsck of what other distributors choose to include? They're not Debian, they've got their own rules and users base. Users choose Ubuntu, RedHat or Debian for different reasons. Debian is supposed (or was supposed) to be neutral and unbiased.

These AGPL covered applications could also be forked and re-released by someone under a different name.
    That's not the point: you can always workaround all you like, but then someone can come up and ask for Firefox to be removed because its name recalls a fox (slang: sexy woman) catching fire (being sexually aroused).

Please stop it. Please stop it before it's too late.
    Last edited by lucrus; 21 December 2018, 05:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• michaelb1
    replied
    Removing the useful functionality from Debian is a clear example of SJWs from "anti-her-ass-ment" team gone mad. Guess next will be renaming the "manpages" to "personpages", and also touch and grep and fsck... Some people forgot that computing should be fun and are trying to fence it with their boring corporate PC culture. Like with hackatons: originally they were the cool fests where the people were partying having fun and wrote great open source code, but today its mostly a corporate shithole competitions of who better licks their ass :P

Although there's a good side: because of this free publicity given by those mad SJWs, a lot of people including me have learned about this wonderful set of utilities, and I already found some use for them Also, what's great is that the names of Weboob packages are quite easy to memorize because they are unusual

Leave a comment:

• michaelb1
    replied
    If I'll be creating my own distro I'll make sure to name it as much not-politically-correct as possible,
    something in the style of GAY N1GGER ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA - just to scare the SJWs away
    so that they don't come to my distro to ruin all the fun with their boring PC corporate culture

Leave a comment:

• michaelb1
    replied
    Originally posted by teresaejunior View Post
    and this is how linux dies. the new christian right has taken over and now has started to enforce their political beliefs and morality onto others. don't agree get silenced, removed, de-platformed, extra. new boss same as the old boss.
    This guy got it all backwards.
    Well, in a sense he got it right (no pun intended

Leave a comment:

Working...
X