Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GI_Jack
    replied
    This is a little much. I cannot understand for the life of me the mandatory scraping of all sexual refrences out of society. There is no social justice at all, and even some against it adopting puritanical views.

Leave a comment:

• nils_
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
    Does a women dressing nice while showing some skin at a club mean she wants attention? Does a woman wearing a swimsuit at a beach mean she wants attention? The answer is no. Don't get me wrong, "yes" can be the answer to both questions, but assuming that it's always yes is your deep conflict.

Maybe, just maybe, if you see a woman and she's wearing something that can make one horny, maybe the problem is with you getting horny and making up assumptions in your head and not with her trying to dress nice.
    That's a mindboggingly inhumane attitude. . Being sexually attracted to someone is natural, not having that attraction reciprocated is common but that doesn't mean you have to feel ashamed for your sexuality. Being attracted to someone also doesn't mean you disrespect them as a person.

Leave a comment:

• xinthose
    replied
    This is crazy. Men and women have "boobs". They could have asked the community if they thought the package name was offensive at least.

Leave a comment:

• JAYL
    replied
    Originally posted by teresaejunior View Post

But that's the real problem with censorship. Debian is a large community of maintainers with differing political opinions. When you place a smallish group of left-leaning people in the position of power to censor all others, you are not working for the benefit of the whole community. What if, instead of choosing some gender studies graduates for this anti-harassment group, they had placed a group of Christians or Muslims, would you be so willing to defend the censorship?

I have found some of the jokes on their website to be very tasteless, but as Christian, if I complained about that, the same SJWs would be the first to complain I'm trying to censor their freedom to offend Christians. So I'd rather ignore the jokes or not use their software at all. Some of the scripts are very interesting, though.
    Debian as a community can decide whatever process they want to. I don't care who they choose. If they or their process wanted to target things in favor of Nazism, extreme Christianity or Islam, that's their prerogative. Also I love the unsubstantiated assertion that they are "smallish group of left-leaning of choosing some gender studies graduates" with absolutely no basis. The main members of the Debian anti harassment team are Laura Arjona Reina, Martín Ferrari, and Molly de Blanc two of which filled technical roles in Debian.

If I don't like what a community is doing, I don't partake in that community. It's that simple, I don't cry about censorship. I don't call the people in those communities SJWs or build this strawman out of them. I'm sure there are Linux communities that I would find repugnant and take down packages that I think should be distributed, but I don't think those communities should change. I just don't visit them. It's not hard. If you find that Debian's values don't align with your own, then don't use it.

Leave a comment:

• lowflyer
    replied
    Originally posted by middy
    and this is how linux dies. the new christian right has taken over and now has started to enforce their political beliefs and morality onto others. don't agree get silenced, removed, de-platformed, extra. new boss same as the old boss.
    middy, explain me how "these people" are christian and how they are right wing?

Leave a comment:

• Machine
    replied
    Originally posted by Dedale View Post

Oh my god the CLI calls me a fag ! Call a waaambulance !
    Speaking only for myself, I have little care for words, queerosexual, faggot, spic, kite, nigger, cuntzilla, assblaster, blah blah blah, I dont have a f*** to give for every name, people can call one another.

I also have little care when an organization decides what actions/words are acceptable to it's organization.

If I don't agree with an organization's views/rules/guidelines/laws, I won't join.

Leave a comment:

• fuzz
    replied
    Everyone is so used to being on a militant political "side" that they see extremism and think it's so radical that the crazy other side must be the ones doing it.

And we get so caught up in the name calling while some crazies out there are actually doing shit like this.

Leave a comment:

• moilami
    replied
    Yeah, Debian has defined a new meaning for what is ridiculous.

Anyway, on a serious note: if you give up free speech, then one day your kids or kids of your kids will pray for free speech.

I have got enough of this this shit, and will move on.

Leave a comment:

• Dedale
    replied
    Originally posted by lucrus View Post
    Thank you. Info beat rumors.

Oh my god the CLI calls me a fag ! Call a waaambulance ! Nearly as traumatized as when Leisure suit Larry 3 told me i was too smart for this game !

I told my mother about handjoob. She just rolled her eyes...

Leave a comment:

• Machine
    replied
    Mutawa, seriously? Wow. The Debian AH made you obey what?

Fork it call it Dickian, with the tittiedm, and the pussinal cli, and the precious weboob.

I'm no fan of SJWs, the lefty types or the righty types, most just want to whine.

but it seems like all the info wasn't in this click bait article, hmm fake news?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X