How to get started with Linux kernel development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get started with Linux kernel development

I'm an android developer and I've been doing ROMs for a long time and I wanna get going with kernel development, I understand it's relating to linux kernel itself and got nothing to do with android.

Problem is I can't find any online resources to help me get going. So what I'm looking for is something a bit official, like the developer site for android,the java tutorials for java, the python tutorials........etc

Is there any thing like that? from linux.org maybe, but I can't find anything on their site. And what are the things I'm supposed to have a full understanding of? like programming languages (I know it's in C) or anything else?

Keep in mind that I'm only looking to learn driver configuration and compilation.

Have you been to kernelnewbies.org? Don't let the site name fool you, it's not really for "newbies" in the traditional sense of the word.

Lots of links in the side bar, but this is probably a pretty good place to start

Comment

Originally posted by Grogan View Post
      Have you been to kernelnewbies.org? Don't let the site name fool you, it's not really for "newbies" in the traditional sense of the word.

Lots of links in the side bar, but this is probably a pretty good place to start mobdro

https://kernelnewbies.org/KernelHacking
      Thanks for help me...

Comment

If you just want to build/configure the kernel, these two gentoo pages should help, after you get distro kernel sources or sources from kernel.org

Comment

Working...
        X