No announcement yet.

Adobe Customer Care: There Hasn't Been Enough Demand For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they make a better effort to prevent piracy of their products, there won't be enough demand for them on Windows either...

Comment

Originally posted by miabrahams View Post

Photoshop is 10bux a month, super affordable.
      How so? I thought it was $20 a month?

(BTW this CC model still sucks: 102×12×20.99≈$25691.76 a lifetime, super unaffordable.)
      Last edited by tildearrow; 10 December 2018, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by miabrahams View Post

Photoshop is 10bux a month, super affordable.
        Is it because heading over to Adobe I see they are quoting £238.42 per annum for Photoshop CC prepaid for 12 months ?

Last edited by Slartifartblast; 10 December 2018, 03:06 PM.

Comment

"Engineering has limited resources".
          Yeah, that's BS. Adobe dominates the market so hard that "photoshopping" became synonymous with "modified photos" and even sometimes modified videos. Linux users aren't asking Adobe to re-write the program from the ground-up. Even if each of the 1500 people who voted so far (which is a relatively small number compared to people who are seeking compatibility but aren't aware of this survey) paid for a license, it would easily cover the cost of the port. Let's not forget that Adobe products aren't cheap.
          Adobe can always do what Valve and all the other closed-source commercial software devs do: only support just 1 or 2 distros. It's much better to have native compatibility with limited support than no compatibility at all.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
            "Engineering has limited resources".
            Yeah, that's BS. Adobe dominates the market so hard that "photoshopping" became synonymous with "modified photos" and even sometimes modified videos. Linux users aren't asking Adobe to re-write the program from the ground-up. Even if each of the 1500 people who voted so far (which is a relatively small number compared to people who are seeking compatibility but aren't aware of this survey) paid for a license, it would easily cover the cost of the port. Let's not forget that Adobe products aren't cheap.
            Adobe can always do what Valve and all the other closed-source commercial software devs do: only support just 1 or 2 distros. It's much better to have native compatibility with limited support than no compatibility at all.
            Even just make a wrapped port that relies on Wine or some other framework to work. I mean it's not like a 20% performance impact would be a major issue.

Comment

Which of their software products would you want to see on Linux?

All of them. More software available on Linux = Fewer reasons people have for not using it = More direct competition between the merits of the OS instead of being forced to use one due to software availability.

But if I had to pick one for them to start out with...i'd probably vote for whichever is most commonly used, as that would make the biggest difference for the same amount of effort.

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
                If they make a better effort to prevent piracy of their products, there won't be enough demand for them on Windows either...
                Save $$$ on antipiracy measures, make more $$$ because you hook up the consumer base to your product so that when they are in a position where they have to pay they will buy your product.

That's win-win.

Comment

Not going to vote, I prefer GIMP and Darktable.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                    How so? I thought it was $20 a month?
                    (BTW this CC model still sucks: 102×12×20.99≈$25691.76 a lifetime, super unaffordable.)

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post
                    Is it because heading over to Adobe I see they are quoting £238.42 per annum for Photoshop CC prepaid for 12 months ?
                    Photoshop + Lightroom is the $9.99/mo "Photography Plan" option.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                      Even just make a wrapped port that relies on Wine or some other framework to work. I mean it's not like a 20% performance impact would be a major issue.
                      I agree; if Adobe is really too lazy/greedy to do a native port, at least putting in an effort to make it work in Wine would be enough for some people.

Comment

Working...
                      X