No announcement yet.

Dropping Profanity In Kernel Code Comments: Linux Gets "Hugs"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ I hope not. I'd hate to see Linux segregated over bullshit external forces like this.

This is analogous to telling professional ball players they can't curse, trash talk, etc in a huddle or during a game. And telling them it's mandatory to shake hands before and after a game, whether they like it or not because sportsmanship!

It's just an analogy, and I'm not a kernel developer, but they need to stop messing with their turf. I think today may be the last straw.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Blokdijk View Post
      Lets be real.. it was always an oxymoron - kernel developer and fucking.
      this is the god honest truth lmaoo

real shit, who cares. one dev was probably having a bad day and said "fuck it im gonna write a script that searches for the fuck word and im gonna replace it with hugs, because i wish my wife would show me physical affection and i hope this can get her attention" and committed it, then linus rolled with it along with his new initiative not to scare away big corporations from eating his life's work alive.
      its not "sjws"- you'll never find someone passionate about social justice who's also against saying fuck. in fact, they'd probably be just as pissed about the state of the kernel right now as the other 40 or so neckbeards here. yall just want a group to point at, so you point at the cracker liberals who horseshoe theory'd themselves into acting like their grandma's while theyre near jesus paintings. any time i hear someone say the es jay dubleyuhs did something, all i can think of are a bunch of losers too attached to their convenience and priority to let it be taken by minorities. spend some time on the bottom of the food chain, see how it suits you, how it feels to be a second rate citizen in a country made to chew all the money out of every soul that's not balls deep in cash already.
      this is besides the entire point that linux has been taken by capitalist douches that have no business putting their hands into the communism kernel. free software is about true freedom, linux is no longer free. if you still participate in linux development expecting any new development to be to the benefit of anyone besides corporate leeches, you're sorely mistaken. the code of conduct, the hug shenanigans, they're so inconsequential. who cares if you cant call people slurs? you shouldnt be throwing slurs around anyway, have some compassion for your fellow person. and if you have a better idea for what to do about the word fuck, why dont you send in your own patches? word things better than the hug guy did, with special care and attention to the original meaning of the word fuck. no one's stopping you from being as pedantic and time consuming as you want. all you'll do is tickle the men in black, it'll probably make their day. oh but whoops,
      Originally posted by Naib View Post
      should time be spent writing better code? no lets spend time removing comments that do not affect the binary because someone might be offended if they read it...
      looks like all of you are collectively wasting your time. get back to programming faggots

Comment

Originally posted by AsciiWolf View Post
        They should replace fucks with ducks and bugs with hugs.
        First off i had to look up what an SJW was. Frankly I have no idea what profanity has to do with social justice. Second if the the SJW are so afraid of sex maybe they need to be schooled in the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Almindor View Post
          I wonder if someone does a kernel fork today with good enough press and removal of this SJW shit + intel failure-crap if it'd gain enough traction to actually cause a worthy fork.
          Well forking the kernel is fairly easy, there mush be hundreds of forks out there though most of them are for mainline development. The real answer to this problem is a revolution in what is considered to be acceptable violence when dealing with people with mental weaknesses like this. A couple of hits to the head with a base ball bat can have a profound impact on a busy body.

One of the biggest negatives that developed over time, after states band duelling, is that there is nothing to inhibit people from doing as they please and saying what they please. No one is held accountable for the problems they create, the insults that they hurl, or the disrespect they display.

Comment

I've been reading more from the thread: https://lists.freedesktop.org/archiv...er/198592.html

Jarkko, next time, enjoy your flight, catch some Z's and keep this bullshit away from the kernel (and your bullshit justifications). Thanks.

Comment

This is starting to look a lot like "Sarcastaball" from South Park.

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
                research has shown, time and time again, that the more egalitarian a society becomes, the more different the average choices between men and women become.
                Do you remember the URLs (or, at least, names) for any of your sources for that? You've got me curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Almindor View Post
                  I wonder if someone does a kernel fork today with good enough press and removal of this SJW shit + intel failure-crap if it'd gain enough traction to actually cause a worthy fork.
                  Nobody important gives a shit about stupid crap like this. It's just clickbait material to stir up comments by people unaffiliated with the kernel like you and me.

Comment

*posts new patch using the word fuck 23 times*

Comment

Literal hugbox. As sarcastic as I hope this patch is, it is not an unreasonable reading of the CoC.

These developments are absolutely disgraceful, and I can only hope Linus finds his testicles before the dustbin goes out for collection.
                      Last edited by microcode; 30 November 2018, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X