Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
    Another predictable clickbait shitstorm on Phoronix

For the people who don't think Outreachy is required, ask your mothers, sisters, female friends what they think of the above comments. Ask them if it makes them want to join this community.

You all seem to claim it's about close quality but none of the above talks about code it's all "SJW" this, "incel" that - it's stuff like that which makes a Code of Conduct necessary
    Aaaaaaaaand...A Creepy White Knight appears...

He 'respects teh Womenz'.

Comment

For the people who don't think Outreachy is required, ask your mothers, sisters, female friends what they think of the above comments. Ask them if it makes them want to join this community.
      If Outreachy didn't exist none of this "above comments" would either, so guess who's responsible for it?

You all seem to claim it's about close quality but none of the above talks about code it's all "SJW" this, "incel" that - it's stuff like that which makes a Code of Conduct necessary
      Again, it's "SJW" this because of this bullshit, which detracts from being only about the code.

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedGNUFreak View Post

Aaaaaaaaand...A Creepy White Knight appears...

He 'respects teh Womenz'.
        I don't think you could get that any more wrong if you tried...

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
          If Outreachy didn't exist none of this "above comments" would either, so guess who's responsible for it?

Again, it's "SJW" this because of this bullshit, which detracts from being only about the code.
          I'd say the people making the comments are responsible for them

The fact that it always manages to elicit such a strong response highlights just how much of a problem this is in our community

Comment

My mother, sisters, and female friends would agree with me in particular. They want to be recognized based on their own merit. It would be a disgrace to do otherwise. I can't speak for what they'd think about other's comments, but that's life.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzz View Post

My mother, sisters, and female friends would agree with me in particular. They want to be recognized based on their own merit. It would be a disgrace to do otherwise. I can't speak for what they'd think about other's comments, but that's life.
              The problem is that simply isn't the case

There's a really good example of it here: https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...b054a0ea6a4066

Comment

I'd say the people making the comments are responsible for them
                Of course they are. I never denied it. But they're just retaliating back against discrimination. I don't care if you think that discriminating against the majority is a good thing. It's still discrimination.

The fact that it always manages to elicit such a strong response highlights just how much of a problem this is in our community
                It elicits a strong response because the problem is projects like Outreachy, not the responders. Most people don't tolerate discrimination.

Comment

Working...
                X