No announcement yet.

Outreachy Opens Applications For Open-Source Winter 2018 Internship Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I identify myself as an oriental woman, can I participate?

Comment

Originally posted by dkasak View Post

I'm a developer. I work with about 100 developers in our Sydney office. There's not a SINGLE person I've talked to who is against this kind of program, and in fact we have our own outreach programs for attracting and mentoring women in our industry. Therefore, I can very safely assume that the only people who are against this are the alt-right tools, incels, and insecure trolls. Which camp(s) are you in?
      Everyone is equal and some are not more equal than others.
      Last edited by varikonniemi; 22 September 2018, 09:29 AM.

Comment

I'm a developer. I work with about 100 developers in our Sydney office. There's not a SINGLE person I've talked to who is against this kind of program, and in fact we have our own outreach programs for attracting and mentoring women in our industry. Therefore, I can very safely assume that the only people who are against this are the alt-right tools, incels, and insecure trolls. Which camp(s) are you in?
        I'm a developer. I work with about 1 million developers at our moon base. There's not a SINGLE person I've talked to you who doesn't think you are some creepy clown who 'respects teh womenz'.

Give it a rest, no one is going to have sex with you because of your pathetic virtue signaling.

Comment

Originally posted by anarki2 View Post
          If I identify myself as an oriental woman, can I participate?
          That depends on how good you look in a dress. :P

Comment

Therefore, I can very safely assume that the only people who are against this are the alt-right tools, incels, and insecure trolls.
            You know it's usually the guys who are super nice to women that are incels and complain why they always pick the men who treat them like garbage. That should be obvious enough to anyone with a brain.

We all know the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedGNUFreak View Post

I'm a developer. I work with about 1 million developers at our moon base. There's not a SINGLE person I've talked to you who doesn't think you are some creepy clown who 'respects teh womenz'.

Give it a rest, no one is going to have sex with you because of your pathetic virtue signaling.
              And who are those people you spoke to and thought he was some creepy clown? A bunch of neckbeards you met on the internet? Or do you actually run around telling your real life friends "hey guys, someone on a website phoronix on the internet is wrong" to which they all unanimously replied "wow, he must be some creepy clown!"?

Whoever has sex with you isn't going to care for what you spew on the internet anyway. The internet is a virtual thing. No one expects to get laid based on "defending women" online. So cut the crap.

And unless your job involves communicating over the internet, as far as you are concerned, the internet and everyone in it disappear when you close your web browser. Hence why I feel Torvalds was harshly judged. People could not comprehend how he was forced to move mass face-to-face communication to the internet where it doesn't belong in the first place and still be able to moderate it.

Comment

Originally posted by hussam View Post
                And who are those people you spoke to and thought he was some creepy clown? A bunch of neckbeards you met on the internet? Or do you actually run around telling your real life friends "hey guys, someone on a website phoronix on the internet is wrong" to which they all unanimously replied "wow, he must be some creepy clown!"?
                Lol dude. I thought the Moon Base was a dead giveaway but it seems some people are just not bright enough. You know which camp ;-)

Originally posted by hussam View Post
                No one expects to get laid based on "defending women" online.
                You don't seem to know SJWs well enough.

Comment

I am a developer and work with women developers. They got to that point on their own merits, just like me. Sure, it would be nice if there were more women developers -- but only if they are just as interested in being a developer as those of us who don't have to be monetarily incentivized to do so.

If anything, getting people into software development that don't otherwise have the interest nor drive to do so will only worsen software quality. And applies to anyone regardless of gender or race.

Maybe we need to raise our software quality standards like other engineering fields.

Comment

Software patents, outreachy, feminism, gender identity, minorities quotas, oppression, compression (of stupidy) ...

Meritocracy aboolished

Comment

Originally posted by onicsis View Post
                      Software patents, outreachy, feminism, gender identity, minorities quotas, oppression, compression (of stupidy) ...

Meritocracy aboolished
                      a nice article regarding this specific topic. https://modelviewculture.com/pieces/...he-meritocracy have a nice time reading it /s

Comment

Working...
                      X