Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sjekkel View Post
    <incel whining>
    You're not very smart, huh? People are arseholes primary on the basis of their behaviour. The CoC doesn't call people arseholes - it just notes behaviour that's not acceptable. You called yourself and your crew an arsehole, then tried to turn it around and say it was me, and my vague conspirators and our CoCs who were calling you arseholes - indirectly. For me, this was sufficient evidence that you are, in fact, an arsehole. At the very least, you are defending other arseholes out of a feeling of shared ideology. I really don't care what you think of what I think. You pushed the matter, and I called you out on it. The CoC doesn't breed arseholes - it states that their behaviour - YOUR behaviour indeed - is unacceptable.

Comment

"We would like to extend our thanks and gratitude to Stacey Haysler for her patience and expertise in helping develop the Code of Conduct, forming the committee and guiding the work to completion."

So hilariously pathetic:

GitHub is where SHayslerSF builds software.

0 contributions in the last year

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedGNUFreak View Post
        "We would like to extend our thanks and gratitude to Stacey Haysler for her patience and expertise in helping develop the Code of Conduct, forming the committee and guiding the work to completion."

So hilariously pathetic:

GitHub is where SHayslerSF builds software.

0 contributions in the last year
        Pathetic is the word I also would use, but not for Stacey Haysler, but for you seriously thinking that a person has to contribute code instead of being, for example, the CFO and COO of a project, to actually being involved in making decisions. It would make you look more serious if you sometimes visit the real world.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post
          Pathetic is the word I also would use, but not for Stacey Haysler, but for you seriously thinking that a person has to contribute code instead of being, for example, the CFO and COO of a project, to actually being involved in making decisions. It would make you look more serious if you sometimes visit the real world.
          I think BeardedGNUFreak might be of the opinion that the ideal situation is similar to how my father described things at SHL Systemhouse in the '90s. (The coders were kept on their own floor, where they didn't have to meet the clients and the clients didn't have to meet them.)

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post
            Well...that was funny in a sad and pathetic way.

Comment

Originally posted by dkasak View Post
              You're not very smart, huh? People are arseholes primary on the basis of their behaviour. The CoC doesn't call people arseholes - it just notes behaviour that's not acceptable. You called yourself and your crew an arsehole, then tried to turn it around and say it was me, and my vague conspirators and our CoCs who were calling you arseholes - indirectly. For me, this was sufficient evidence that you are, in fact, an arsehole. At the very least, you are defending other arseholes out of a feeling of shared ideology.
              You are using your definition of "arsehole" and saying he is one, just like he said you are. It's a subjective truth. That doesn't make him, objectively, an "arsehole", because that's impossible. This definition of "arsehole" can and will get interpreted differently for one's own gain.

The only way to deal with it is to have everything decided by a council of philosophers, or a philosopher king. And I would not consider the people making these CoCs to be philosophers.

Comment

Originally posted by dkasak View Post

You're not very smart, huh? People are arseholes primary on the basis of their behaviour. The CoC doesn't call people arseholes - it just notes behaviour that's not acceptable. You called yourself and your crew an arsehole, then tried to turn it around and say it was me, and my vague conspirators and our CoCs who were calling you arseholes - indirectly. For me, this was sufficient evidence that you are, in fact, an arsehole. At the very least, you are defending other arseholes out of a feeling of shared ideology. I really don't care what you think of what I think. You pushed the matter, and I called you out on it. The CoC doesn't breed arseholes - it states that their behaviour - YOUR behaviour indeed - is unacceptable.
                How do you know I'm an incel?

Beati pauperes spiritu

Comment

Working...
                X