Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
    Context: https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/1876

Usually second-class citizen in Fedora is still miles ahead of Ubuntu second-class citizen where everything Qt is actually completely unsupported.
    fedora in a sad state of affairs if there turning a blind eye to problems that Package Maintainers are having with other people. within Fedora.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbotron View Post
      ... You would switch BACK to a now UN-supported, bug ridden, virus ridden piece of crap Winblows. ...
      Support for Windows 7 ends on January 14, 2020:
      https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...anuary-14-2020
      Last edited by drSeehas; 23 July 2018, 04:58 AM.

Comment

I would say I'm shocked at the level of vitriol towards Gnome in this thread, but I'm sad to say I'm not.

Can't you just say you don't like Gnome, maybe give your reasons, then move on? Did Gnome kill your dog, is the hyperbole stating 'If Gnome were the only choice on Linux I'd move to Windows' really necessary? A zombie apocalypse is more likely than Linux only having one DE (...criticizes hyperbole, then engages in it... ).

I use Gnome, it works fine for me. I'm not oblivious to it's shortcomings, but they don't affect me because of my use case. I don't like XFCE, but if you like it, that's no skin off my nose.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
          fedora in a sad state of affairs if there turning a blind eye to problems that Package Maintainers are having with other people. within Fedora.
          Kevin Koffler gets nothing but inconsequential warnings for his constant harassment. I don't know WTF is wrong with the others that they chose him over Helio Castro.

That said, Canonical banned Jonathan Riddell from Ubuntu – and everyone who supported him – because he publicly disagreed with Canonical's illegal action to restrict distribution of GPL'ed binaries (Canonical later changed their policies a bit to only apply to all other binaries that are under BSD and similar licenses). See https://www.cio.com/article/2949217/...-with-gpl.html
          Them getting banned from Ubuntu is the reason Neon exists.

Canonical bans their contributors and in addition to that, nothing in the Universe repository (where Qt, LXQt, KDE software, etc. reside) are supported. Canonical also blocks minor updates to ship. The kubuntu-backports PPA exists because of that (PPAs are, again, unsupported).

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
            Did Gnome kill your dog
            Yes it did.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
              As much as it pains me to say this, because Windows 10 is garbage: I agree.
              Nobody cares about desktops... Gnome is not even mentioned once by anyone. People probably think it's just the Ubuntu desktop.

Last edited by PackRat; 23 July 2018, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by angrypie View Post

They already do. Anyone running Fedora and not using GNOME is a second-class citizen.
                Not really. They have a huge KDE user base, and since companies pay money for Fedora, they have to support it if they want to keep that part of their customer base.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
                  Yes it did.
                  And then GNOME reanimated my dog to some touch based abomination, and there was no way to could get it to go away or stop animating, it just wouldn't die!

Comment

Kevin Koffler gets nothing but inconsequential warnings for his constant harassment.
                    Quite often he is right! He often raises valid points and views that I keep sharing. Sadly the GNOME crowd gives him hard times.

Comment

Them getting banned from Ubuntu is the reason Neon exists.
                      No wonder that Ubuntu Touch, after long delays, was a failure. With such a bad attitude from a company, is't hard to do something constructive on long term.

Comment

Working...
                      X