No announcement yet.

Intel CEO Brian Krzanich Resigns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In our part of world relationship is ok, until is with someone who you directly collaborating and yeah there are bad people whose use every possible way (sex, lies, extortion) gain better position in company.

But if he has wife and children, he is just stupid hypocrite as big part society (especially Americans), where you have wife / husband as mark of success and people are marring for money and power and often are laso preaching about christian values crap.. If someone want to be single, have children with multiple womans and fuck everything what is moving, adult, willing to do it too... its ok, unless such persons are married.

Comment

you might have read some of the 'meanderings' from 'intel related' employees about their lack of enthusiasm for the man, I had nothing against him really. The silicon valley 'culture' is bigger than him or Intel, and it's, IMO, part of the reason (biggest is probably the lack of initiative/impetus caused by too many years with heavy margins/no competition) why Intel is so far behind the 8ball. However, at lunch, it was almost a full blown party, very festive to say the least. I am pretty sure the board canned him, and just found an excuse. Intel is going to get it's lunch eaten next year, it's about 1/2-1 year behind, but it has the assets to correct. If I were a betting man, you might see more things about EUV, and intel in the future, unfortunately the guys making the big bucks producing the EUV machines can only make so many per year. So that is also a problem. That said, AMD probably won't be able to compete with outright performance for at least a year after it's/TSMCs/GloFo's process node is far more mature. Looking forward to Intel hitting back hard. Things are kind of up in the air right now though, fingers crossed.

Intel's 50 year anniversary is coming up very shortly, pretty sure this was a face saving move by Intel's board members, to try and install confidence in the brand/future.
      Last edited by pcxmac; 23 June 2018, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Intel isn't going to get in to making "tools", and ASML is on back order, but don't be surprised to hear more about EUV in their future node process. That was really what I said. Intel has lost ground to TSMC and GloFo due to not adopting EUV (from what I understand), in a significant fashion, probably because they did not see the security crap and AMD's chip/fabric/opportunity as being a threat. Unfortunately Intel are up sh*t creek as the new fabric concept will allow AMD to easily and cost effectively eclipse intel at a rate which Intel will find VERY DIFFICULT to match in the near time frame.

My opinions about intellectual property is that most of it is garbage, and promotes lazy exploitation of people looking to pioneer new technologies (licensing too).
        Last edited by pcxmac; 24 June 2018, 06:33 AM.

Comment

He had relations with a direct report. He knew it was wrong, so did she. Either one could have transferred to another non-aligned group and maintained the relationship, but didn't.

Since neither did, they were in it for themselves. It was "great" because it was for forbidden. When the thrill was over, so was the relationship.

Now for Krzanich, his "sin" was not reporting it when he was vetted for the CEO position. This is the same problem Mark Hurd had at HP. Same type of "fling" with a subordinate that wasn't reported.

The odds are high that Krzanich will be hired by the one CEO who could care less about ones relationships, just like he hired Hurd. That's Larry Ellison at Oracle.

Comment

I did for a split second think right after Meltdown/Spectre, that the CEO or CTO would change. Meltdown was mostly Intel specific (or more importantly, shown to be avoidable) and somebody should've paid the price. The board probably waited too long, but they had appearances to keep up. I think a few Intel CEOs/CTOs could've been fired over this IMO.

For process technology, Intel is shipping low volume 10nm, TSMC seems to be ahead with high volume shipments, and GF is yet to ship anything beyond 12nm (their 7nm seems on par with Intel's 10nm). Intel was behind on SOI, ahead on FinFETs, and now they're lagging on EUV. I don't think anybody would've guessed EUV would become this important 3-4 years ago. So, yeah, it's not the first time Intel has lost the process technology lead, AMD was ahead in the K6/7 days if I remember correctly and thought they would always stay ahead... If improving process technology is really becoming hard, then there's always going fabless, but I think Intel is too big for this. I don't think this is as big a deal, probably why he was allowed to cash out and be fired over a somewhat significant technicality. Having all the *-lakes doesn't seem great either. Being in hardware hasn't gotten any easier in the last last 20 years.

I think it's the combination of these two that mostly got him fired. Hope the next CEO invests more in software, like umm.. BigDL.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasant1234 View Post
              Question is where does this leave GNU/Linux distributions such as GNOME and KDE which seem to be architecturally bound to Intel created technology such as Wayland.
              How Wayland being created (partially) by Intel makes it "architecturally bound" to anything?

Comment

Working...
              X