X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asdfblah
    replied
    Originally posted by blackiwid View Post
    And then u use a absolut non official ppa replacing some stuff.

Why not just try then if something like that happens, a fedora rawhide? its a distro where many developers from the free drivers work as major distro or package directly for it. or use ubuntu if needed and compile it yourself.
    can you downgrade packages easily in fedora? do you have alternative, PPA-like repos in fedora?

Leave a comment:

• droste
    replied
    Originally posted by Detructor View Post
    I'm the german guy here. And I'm pretty sure that link wouldn't have worked in 2005 or would at least not have found any relevant articles.
    Ah. Then... never mind

Leave a comment:

• Detructor
    replied
    Originally posted by droste View Post
    1. We have funnybot ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funnybot )
    2. Michael is not a German
    3. That link is a search request that lists the articles found (below "Tesseract Linux News") and is not a link to a single article
    I'm the german guy here. And I'm pretty sure that link wouldn't have worked in 2005 or would at least not have found any relevant articles.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    What is with that: Micheal is German, Micheal is not a German .

Everyone should play RTCW now , radeon beat fglrx there by large margin due some bug even on Windows .

Leave a comment:

• droste
    replied
    Originally posted by Detructor View Post
    and people say Germans have no sense for jokes...

anyway that link doesn't work in 2005...at least they say so.
    1. We have funnybot ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funnybot )
    2. Michael is not a German
    3. That link is a search request that lists the articles found (below "Tesseract Linux News") and is not a link to a single article

Leave a comment:

• stevenc
    replied
    I'd be interested to know if any of the failed AMD cards work better with FreeBSD 10's radeonkms.

Leave a comment:

• gens
    replied
    some time in the future
    when you will miss those bugs
    remember darkplaces has easter eggs

Leave a comment:

• Detructor
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    As said already, it's for a ten-year article trying to benchmark every GPU I have my hands on....

Tesseract has been covered many times: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ch&q=Tesseract
    and people say Germans have no sense for jokes...

anyway that link doesn't work in 2005...at least they say so.

Leave a comment:

• blackiwid
    replied
    I think u do just something wrong, maybe I am wrong and 99-100% of the bugs would happen in lets say fedora rawhide too.

But I would never install ubuntu if I want to test free glx-drivers.

Ubuntus main advantage over something like fedora (for others its a disadvantage) is their commitment to non-free drivers to make it as easy as possible to install them.

And then u use a absolut non official ppa replacing some stuff.

Why not just try then if something like that happens, a fedora rawhide? its a distro where many developers from the free drivers work as major distro or package directly for it. or use ubuntu if needed and compile it yourself.

Its not convinient I know, but why test it then in the first place if most of your audience will not install your setup too?

I would never install fedora to test proprietary drivers, and the same is true about ubuntu and free drivers. Except I want to test how well ubuntu works specificly but want to test the drivers right?

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    The sad state of r600 continues...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X