Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acreda
    replied
    This is a great thing but also a shame that this is a demo rather than an actual X.org implementation so I imagine this will be next year.

I hope the android developers are taking note, too late for 2.0 but would be a great update and people will really want this

I am one of the few who feel that Android needs to stay with phones rather than netbooks

Leave a comment:

• bugmenot
    replied
    For people who think that videos should not require flash:

Leave a comment:

• AliBaba
    replied
    Great! One step closer to Linux replacing Vista.

So now I only need a decent handwriting recognition software. Any hints?

Leave a comment:

• Zhick
    replied
    Sweet!
    and then sending D-Bus messages over to Compiz to produce multi-touch effects.
    Actually that's a kde/kwin desktop in the video. :P

Anyway, is there any chance this will also work on those multitouch-touchpads popular in netbooks nowadays?

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Native Multi-Touch Support On Linux

Native Multi-Touch Support On Linux

Phoronix: Native Multi-Touch Support On Linux

Mohamed-Ikbel Boulabiar has written in to report that he and his team at the Interactive Computing Lab in ENAC, Toulouse have been successful in bringing native multi-touch support to Linux. While there is Multi-Pointer X in the mainlinue X.Org server (to be released with X.Org 7.5 / X Server 1.7), there is now multi-touch support to be able to handle gestures and other actions.This multi-touch support requires the Linux 2.6.30 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X